Jun 3, 2010, 9:45 AM EDT
CAA Football and its historical origin through the Yankee Conference and Atlantic 10 Conference lost one of its former leaders Wednesday, June 2. Former Hofstra head coach Joe Gardi passed away at the age of 71 after suffering a stroke last week. The former Pride leader ranks 24th in league history having won 21 conference games during his tenure as part of the conference from 2001-05. Gardi, who recently worked in a technical advisor capacity for CAA Football’s officials bureau, finished his career with a 119-62-2 mark in 16 seasons.
This weekend will mark the start of the league’s Annual Meetings. Be sure to check back here and visit our YouTube channel for updates. The league will also be tweeting from the meetings so be sure to follow us on Twitter. Production of a league review video has been completed and it will be “leaked” here before the coaches and athletics directors get to see it Saturday evening! Stay tuned!
A number of the league’s schools released ticket plan options for the 2010 season including Maine, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Richmond, Towson and William and Mary. Check out the links down the right-hand side of our blog to get full details on your favorite team’s ticket options if they aren’t linked here. Richmond’s ticket sales heading into its new on-campus stadium have ramped up according to Richmond Times-Dispatch reporter John O’Connor.
2010 CAA Football…You Better Be Ready!!!
- This Week In CAA Football - Week 4 Preview
- Towson's O'Neill Receives National Honor
- Four CAAFB Teams Ranked In Top 25 Polls
- CAA Football Media Teleconference - Sept. 18
- CAA Football Weekly Awards - Sept. 18
- CAA Football Rewind - Sept. 16
- #CAAFB Closeup - Elon's Warren Messer
- #CAAFB Going Deep: Walking School Bus
- This Week In CAA Football - Week 3 Preview
- Four CAAFB Teams In Top 10 Of FCS National Poll