Jun 18, 2010, 12:12 PM EDT
While the eyes of the United States might be glued to televisions broadcasting the World Cup match against Slovenia, CAA Football’s blogger is posting some in the news items from the around the league over the last week. We can match the draw against Slovenia, but by our accounts that third goal should have been allowed for a US victory!
Delaware is allowing its fans to help pick a new addition to the banners that fly around UD Stadium. Our vote goes to Omar Cuff and Scott Brunner. Cuff holds the league record for touchdowns scored in a single game, when he found the endzone seven times against William and Mary in the league’s Inaugural Game in 2007. Brunner has been part of CAA Football’s television broadcast crew on Comcast SportsNet alongside Bob Picozzi.
Maine is looking for golfers who want to play in the 20th Annual Bob Browne Memorial Golf Outing. Shotgun start at 9 a.m. at Natanis Country Club in Vassalboro, Maine.
Towson’s student-athletes including it football players will be on hand at tonight’s “Feet On The Street” in Towson. A moon-bounce will be available for the kids and Towson plans on holding an enter-to-win contest for two 2010 football season tickets!
Massachusett’s standout Tony Nelson, an All-CAA player each of the last two seasons, recently signed to play with the Toronto Argonauts of the Canadian Football League.
2010 CAA Football…You Better Be Ready!!!
- Reisert Named CAAFB Scholar-Athlete Of The Year
- Football National Signing Day
- Richmond's Lauletta Named Senior Bowl MVP
- This Week In CAA Football - Season Recap
- Four CAAFB Teams Ranked In Final Top 25 Polls
- JMU Falls 17-13 To NDSU In FCS Title Game
- Friday in Frisco
- JMU FCSChampionship - Thursday Update
- Ankrah Chosen FCS ADA Defensive Player Of The Year
- This Week In CAA Football - National Championship