Jun 21, 2010, 1:43 PM EDT
Villanova senior offensive tackle Ben Ijalana is one of 63 players named to the 2010 Outland Trophy Watch List released earlier today. The Outland Trophy, which has been presented annually since 1946, is given to the nation’s top interior lineman.
Ijalana is the only member of the list of 63 who plays for an FCS program. The 2010 Outland Trophy winner will be announced on The Home Depot ESPNU College Football Awards Show on Dec. 9.
Last season, Ijalana helped Villanova win the Division I National Championship and earned a spot on both the Sports Network and Walter Camp All-America teams. A two-time First Team All-CAA Football selection, Ijalana has started all 39 games of his Villanova career. The 6-4, 320 pound Ijalana is a native of Hainesport, N.J., and a graduate of Rancocas Valley High School.
Ijalana and the Wildcats will kickoff the 2010 season on Sept. 3 against Temple at Lincoln Financial Field.
CAASports.com — Villanova’s Ijalana Named To The Outland Trophy Watch List
Football Writers Association of America — 2010 Outland Trophy Watch List Announced
OutlandTrophy.com — Official Website of the Outland Trophy
- CAA Football Kicks Off 2018 Season With Media Day On July 24
- 13 Players, 6 Teams Receive HERO Sports Preseason Recognition
- Nation's-Best Six CAA Football Teams Ranked In Athlon Top 25 Poll
- Three CAA Football Players Selected In 2018 NFL Draft
- Nine CAAFB Players Named To Hampshire Honor Society
- Reisert Named CAAFB Scholar-Athlete Of The Year
- Football National Signing Day
- Richmond's Lauletta Named Senior Bowl MVP
- This Week In CAA Football - Season Recap
- Four CAAFB Teams Ranked In Final Top 25 Polls