Jun 23, 2010, 9:18 AM EDT
The first recognizable FCS level Top-25 was released Tuesday by AnyGivenSaturday.com. CAA Football had four of the Top-10 teams including preseason favorite Villanova. Six of our squads were ranked and none were lower than No. 16…that is half our league! CAA Football’s six ranked teams were also the most of any conference in the country. He is a rundown of where are teams were in the rankings and also a link to the release itself.
1. Villanova (81) — 2344
4. William and Mary (4) — 1909
6. New Hampshire — 1644
8. Richmond — 1414
15. Delaware — 885
16. James Madison — 871
Richmond picked up a transfer offensive lineman from Rutgers Tuesday, which will help bolster a unit which enters the season with youth.
William and Mary’s football program lost one of its all-time legends as Jack Cloud passed away at the age of 85 Saturday.
James Madison’s Bridgeforth Stadium construction is starting to resemble a stadium now. The Dukes posted a comprehensive photo gallery of the construction progress thus far.
UMass set a deadline of July 12 for fans to purchase ticket and travel packages to its Sept. 18 game at The Big House to face Michigan. Former Minutemen signal caller Liam Coen, who still ranks as one of the best quarterbacks all-time in the CAA, was recently named QB Coach at Brown.
We posted more updated kickoff times and additional television games for the upcoming 2010 season so be sure to logon to CAASports.com for more details.
The league is feverishly working on the 2010 CAA Football Media Guide publication and still in the process of securing a venue for the 2010 CAA Football Media Day. We have a site visit at M & T Bank Stadium in Baltimore Thursday morning…be sure to follow us on Twitter as we will be tweeting occasionally about what we see and find out about that particular location.
IN THE NEWS…
Daily Press: Drew Brees shares experiences at William and Mary camp
Daily News Record: A Texas Two-Step
Philly.com: Villanova’s Ben Ijalana named to Outland Trophy Watch List
2010 CAA Football…You Better Be Ready!!!
- 13 Players, 6 Teams Receive HERO Sports Preseason Recognition
- Nation's-Best Six CAA Football Teams Ranked In Athlon Top 25 Poll
- Three CAA Football Players Selected In 2018 NFL Draft
- Nine CAAFB Players Named To Hampshire Honor Society
- Reisert Named CAAFB Scholar-Athlete Of The Year
- Football National Signing Day
- Richmond's Lauletta Named Senior Bowl MVP
- This Week In CAA Football - Season Recap
- Four CAAFB Teams Ranked In Final Top 25 Polls
- JMU Falls 17-13 To NDSU In FCS Title Game