Aug 23, 2010, 12:29 PM EST
Reigning NCAA Division I National Champions and CAA Football Champions Villanova will begin the 2010 season as the nation’s consensus No. 1-ranked team. The Wildcats earned 22 of the possible 28 first-place votes and 667 points in the preseason edition of the 2010 FCS Coaches Poll released Monday. Early last week Villanova garnered the top spot in The Sports Network/Fathead.com FCS Top 25.
The Wildcats, who open their season Sept. 3, on ESPN3.com, against Temple at Lincoln Financial Field, lead three other CAA Football squads among the poll’s Top 10. William and Mary earned a No. 4 ranking in the poll, while Richmond came in at No. 6. New Hampshire rounds out the league’s spots in the Top 10 after earning a ninth-place spot.
James Madison, which won four-straight to close the 2009 season, garnered a No. 15 ranking in the Coaches poll, while Delaware is positioned at No. 19 in the Top 25 to start the season. CAA Football also had two squads among those also receiving votes including Massachusetts (24) and Maine (19).
- This Week In CAA Football - Season Recap
- Four CAAFB Teams Ranked In Final Top 25 Polls
- JMU Falls 17-13 To NDSU In FCS Title Game
- Friday in Frisco
- JMU FCSChampionship - Thursday Update
- Ankrah Chosen FCS ADA Defensive Player Of The Year
- This Week In CAA Football - National Championship
- National Early Signing Day
- Five CAAFB Players On AFCA All-America Squad
- This Week In CAA Football - Going Back To Frisco