Oct 15, 2010, 10:10 AM EDT
|William and Mary’s Jake Trantin|
William and Mary junior linebacker Jake Trantin (Odenton, Md./Archbishop Spalding) has withdrawn from school for the fall semester and will not participate in the remainder of the 2010 football season.
He has withdrawn for family reasons and his return in the spring semester is expected.
“Jake and his family have decided it was in his best interests for them to be together at this time,“ said Tribe Head Football Coach Jimmye Laycock. “It was a difficult decision for all involved, but he has our full support.”
Trantin came into the fall as a two-year starter and returning All-CAA performer at middle linebacker. He led the team in tackles last year (90) and was tabbed a preseason all-conference and All-America.
- CAA Football Kicks Off 2018 Season With Media Day On July 24
- 13 Players, 6 Teams Receive HERO Sports Preseason Recognition
- Nation's-Best Six CAA Football Teams Ranked In Athlon Top 25 Poll
- Three CAA Football Players Selected In 2018 NFL Draft
- Nine CAAFB Players Named To Hampshire Honor Society
- Reisert Named CAAFB Scholar-Athlete Of The Year
- Football National Signing Day
- Richmond's Lauletta Named Senior Bowl MVP
- This Week In CAA Football - Season Recap
- Four CAAFB Teams Ranked In Final Top 25 Polls