Nov 10, 2010, 11:55 AM EDT
A total of eight CAA Football student-athletes were awarded ESPN Academic All-District First Team honors. Each individual now moves on to the national award selection with an opportunity to be named an ESPN Academic All-American.
The All-Academic District teams are comprised of NCAA Division I football players at both the Football Championship Subdivision (FCS) and the Football Bowl Subdivision (FBS) levels. To be eligible for the team, Student-athletes must carry a 3.3 or better grade point index, be a starter or key reserve, and be a sophomore or older.
Below is the list of individuals honored in their respective districts and what state those districts include.
- #CAAFB Closeup - Stony Brook's Tyrice Beverette
- #CAAFB Going Deep: The Making of a Comeback
- #CAAFB Closeup - Towson's Will Hayes
- This Week In CAA Football - Week 4 Preview
- Towson's O'Neill Receives National Honor
- Four CAAFB Teams Ranked In Top 25 Polls
- CAA Football Media Teleconference - Sept. 18
- CAA Football Weekly Awards - Sept. 18
- CAA Football Rewind - Sept. 16
- #CAAFB Closeup - Elon's Warren Messer