Nov 23, 2010, 11:59 AM EDT
UMass senior wide receiver Anthony Nelson was named to the ESPN Academic All-American Football First Team on Tuesday. He is UMass’ first Academic All-American since linebacker Mark Kimener in 2003.
|UMass’ Anthony Nelson|
A first team All-Colonial Athletic Association wide receiver as a junior and senior, Nelson led the CAA with 61 catches for 830 yards and four touchdowns. An Economics major with a 3.88 G.P.A., he helped Massachusetts post a 6-5 record. A transfer from Hofstra, he finished his career with 180 receptions for 2,212 yards. A native of Wellington, Fla., Nelson also excelled as a return specialist.
2010 CAA Football in the Playoffs…You Better Be Ready!!!
- CAA Football Kicks Off 2018 Season With Media Day On July 24
- 13 Players, 6 Teams Receive HERO Sports Preseason Recognition
- Nation's-Best Six CAA Football Teams Ranked In Athlon Top 25 Poll
- Three CAA Football Players Selected In 2018 NFL Draft
- Nine CAAFB Players Named To Hampshire Honor Society
- Reisert Named CAAFB Scholar-Athlete Of The Year
- Football National Signing Day
- Richmond's Lauletta Named Senior Bowl MVP
- This Week In CAA Football - Season Recap
- Four CAAFB Teams Ranked In Final Top 25 Polls