Nov 23, 2010, 11:59 AM EDT
UMass senior wide receiver Anthony Nelson was named to the ESPN Academic All-American Football First Team on Tuesday. He is UMass’ first Academic All-American since linebacker Mark Kimener in 2003.
|UMass’ Anthony Nelson|
A first team All-Colonial Athletic Association wide receiver as a junior and senior, Nelson led the CAA with 61 catches for 830 yards and four touchdowns. An Economics major with a 3.88 G.P.A., he helped Massachusetts post a 6-5 record. A transfer from Hofstra, he finished his career with 180 receptions for 2,212 yards. A native of Wellington, Fla., Nelson also excelled as a return specialist.
2010 CAA Football in the Playoffs…You Better Be Ready!!!
- This Week In CAA Football - Week 4 Preview
- Towson's O'Neill Receives National Honor
- Four CAAFB Teams Ranked In Top 25 Polls
- CAA Football Media Teleconference - Sept. 18
- CAA Football Weekly Awards - Sept. 18
- CAA Football Rewind - Sept. 16
- #CAAFB Closeup - Elon's Warren Messer
- #CAAFB Going Deep: Walking School Bus
- This Week In CAA Football - Week 3 Preview
- Four CAAFB Teams In Top 10 Of FCS National Poll