Dec 15, 2010, 3:57 PM EST
A total of 11 CAA Football student-athletes were listed on the 2010 Associated Press All-America squads released Wednesday. The league, which has two squads playing in this weekend’s NCAA Division I Football National Semifinal round, was led by Massachusetts’ linebacker Tyler Holmes, Villanova’s offensive lineman Ben Ijalana and Richmond’s defensive lineman Martin Parker.
|Richmond’s Martin Parker.|
Parker, already a 2010 All-America honoree by the AFCA and Walter Camp Foundation, finished his Spider career with a league-best 96 tackles from his defensive tackle position and ranked second in CAA Football with 5.5 sacks in 11 games. Joining Parker on the defensive First Team was Holmes. The UMass linebacker, who was named one of two CAA Football Defensive Players of the Year, finished his junior campaign with 110 tackles and five sacks in 11 contests. The linebacker, who was also a First Team AFCA All-America selection hauled in five interceptions over 11 games, including two returned for touchdowns in the same contest.
Villanova offensive lineman Ben Ijalana, who has now been part of three 2010 All-America First Teams (AFCA, Walter Camp, Associate Press), was the league’s only offensive representative on the AP squad. The three-time First Team All-CAA Football honoree, finished 10th in the Outland Trophy Award voting last week — given to the nation’s top major college football interior lineman. The Hainesport, N.J., native leads a Wildcat offensive front which ranks as the league leader in both rushing (199.5 yards/game) and scoring (30.8 points/game).
2010 CAA Football In The Playoffs…You Better Be Ready!!!
- This Week In CAA Football - Playoff Preview #1
- Lauletta, Ankrah Lead CAAFB All-Conference Team
- Four CAAFB Teams In Final Regular-Season Polls
- CAA Football Media Teleconference - Nov. 20
- CAA Football Weekly Awards - Nov. 20
- Four CAAFB Teams Receive FCS Playoff Berths
- CAA Football Rewind - Nov. 18
- CAAFB Has Seven On Academic All-District Team
- This Week In CAA Football - Week 12 Preview
- Four CAAFB Teams Among Top 16 In FCS Polls