Dec 20, 2010, 12:55 PM EDT
For the fifth-straight season and seventh time in the last eight years, CAA Football will be represented in the NCAA Division I National Championship game. Delaware topped Georgia Southern, Saturday, in Newark, Del., 27-10 to advance to its third FCS National title game. Villanova, which also advanced to the national semifinals this past weekend, fell at Eastern Washington, 41-31, Friday night.
The Blue Hens will face Eastern Washington, Friday, Jan. 7 at 7 p.m. (ET) at Pizza Hut Park in Frisco, Texas for the 2011 National Championship. The game will be televised live on ESPN2, ESPN2HD and on ESPN3.com. Details on all of the happenings in Frisco, Texas can be found here.
We just posted a new fan poll for the blog to the right and will leave it open until Jan. 7. Vote on whether you feel Delaware can win the league’s third-straight National Championship.
Below are some links to highlights courtesy of NCAA.com from this past weekend’s action.
Villanova lost after committing six turnovers on the road. The Wildcats did jump out in front early thanks to a kickoff return from senior Angelo Babbaro…highlight link.
Delaware forced a handful of turnovers in its win over Georgia Southern at home…highlight link.
We plan to post more as we get closer to the National Championship game. Keep coming back to see what we throw on the blog. In the meantime you can checkout what we are Digging and study up on the latest statistics released for CAA Football. We also had a media teleconference with Delaware’s K.C. Keeler and senior defensive back Anthony Bratton…click here to visit The CAA Football Pressbox where the archived audio is located. Scroll to the Delaware section and look for the “Archived Audio” heading.
Have a safe and happy holiday and keep coming back to the blog for more updates leading up to the National Championship game.
2010 CAA Football, Delaware’s playing for the National Championship…You Better Be Ready!!!
- CAA Football Kicks Off 2018 Season With Media Day On July 24
- 13 Players, 6 Teams Receive HERO Sports Preseason Recognition
- Nation's-Best Six CAA Football Teams Ranked In Athlon Top 25 Poll
- Three CAA Football Players Selected In 2018 NFL Draft
- Nine CAAFB Players Named To Hampshire Honor Society
- Reisert Named CAAFB Scholar-Athlete Of The Year
- Football National Signing Day
- Richmond's Lauletta Named Senior Bowl MVP
- This Week In CAA Football - Season Recap
- Four CAAFB Teams Ranked In Final Top 25 Polls