Feb 4, 2011, 5:40 PM EDT
The finale of the three-game College Football All-Star season kickoffs Saturday, Feb. 5, when Delaware’s Anthony Walters takes part in the NFL Players Association (NFLPA) Game. The contest, formerly known as Texas vs. Nation, is slated to kickoff at 2 p.m. (ET) and will be shown live from the Alamodome in San Antonio, Texas, on CBS College Sports.
|Delaware’s Anthony Walters (credit: Mark Campbell)|
Walters, a Second Team All-CAA Football honoree in 2010, has been taking part in pregame practices with the Nation squad since early this week.
Walters is listed as one of three safeties on the Nation Roster, and is joined by Pittsburgh’s Dominic DeCicco and Appalachian State’s Mark Legree.
The Nation squad is under the direction of former NFL and college football head coach Jerry Glanville. A veteran NFL leader, Glanville most recently finished a three-year tenure leading Portland State’s football program at the FCS level from 2007-09.
Walters, CAA Football’s interception leader in 2010 with seven, earned All-America honors by the Associated Press, Phil Steele College Football and the College Sporting News this season. The Philadelphia, Pa., native was also named the FCS Co-Defensive Back of the Year by CollegePerformance.com. A two-time All-CAA Football selection, Walters posted 75 tackles, seven interceptions and eight pass breakups in 2010 and finished his career ranked No. 2 all-time at Delaware with 31 pass breakups and fifth with 15 interceptions.
A total of four CAA Football student-athletes will have played during the three-game College Football All-Star season. Delaware’s Pat Devlin and Richmond’s Martin Parker and Justin Rogers all took part in the East-West Shrine Game, Jan. 22. Devlin, Villanova’s Ben Ijalana as well as both Parker and Rogers have officially been invited to take part in the NFL Combine, Feb. 23-March 1, in Indianapolis, Ind.
- CAA Football Kicks Off 2018 Season With Media Day On July 24
- 13 Players, 6 Teams Receive HERO Sports Preseason Recognition
- Nation's-Best Six CAA Football Teams Ranked In Athlon Top 25 Poll
- Three CAA Football Players Selected In 2018 NFL Draft
- Nine CAAFB Players Named To Hampshire Honor Society
- Reisert Named CAAFB Scholar-Athlete Of The Year
- Football National Signing Day
- Richmond's Lauletta Named Senior Bowl MVP
- This Week In CAA Football - Season Recap
- Four CAAFB Teams Ranked In Final Top 25 Polls