Apr 30, 2011, 7:56 PM EST
Richmond’s Justin Rogers pushed CAA Football’s total to two players selected during the National Football League’s 2011 Draft in New York, N.Y. Rogers, taken during Saturday’s portion of the draft, combined with the selection of Villanova’s Ben Ijalana (49th overall, Indianapolis Colts) extends a streak to 10-straight years multiple players have been taken from CAA Football.
Rogers, a cornerback and kick returner for the Spiders, was taken by the Buffalo Bills in the seventh round (206th overall). The First Team All-CAA Football pick at both cornerback and punt returner, led the league in punt return average (12.4 yards), while collecting 48 tackles, two interceptions and two forced fumbles. A versatile threat, Rogers became the CAA Football career leader in kickoff return yards during the 2010 season and also saw action on offense as he rushed five times, caught three passes and was two-for-two passing. The Baton Rouge, La. native was Third Team All-America selection by both the AP and the Sports Network.
Rogers is the first Spider selected by the NFL since 2009, when Lawrence Sidbury was taken by the Atlanta Falcons in the fourth round. The defensive back is the second CAA Football player taken by the Buffalo Bills in as many seasons (Arthur Moats, 2010, sixth round).
- This Week In CAA Football - Season Recap
- Four CAAFB Teams Ranked In Final Top 25 Polls
- JMU Falls 17-13 To NDSU In FCS Title Game
- Friday in Frisco
- JMU FCSChampionship - Thursday Update
- Ankrah Chosen FCS ADA Defensive Player Of The Year
- This Week In CAA Football - National Championship
- National Early Signing Day
- Five CAAFB Players On AFCA All-America Squad
- This Week In CAA Football - Going Back To Frisco