Jul 8, 2011, 2:56 PM EDT
ESPN The Magazine’s Senior Writer Bruce Feldman (@BFeldmanESPN) lists Delaware running back Andrew Pierce, CAA Football’s 2010 Offensive Rookie of the Year, as part of his Top-10 Non-FBS players going into 2011.
For the full story logon as an ESPNInsider after clicking this link: Ranking the Top Non-FBS Players
Occasionally, I get some emails from folks wanting to hear more about non-FBS football. The subject doesn’t usually get much time in the spotlight, outside of a little coverage during the FCS playoffs in December or when there’s a rising prospect flashing on the NFL radar come draft time.
So this week’s list is dedicated to the subject: the top 10 non-BCS players (at four-year schools) that college football fans should know about in 2011:
No. 10 (tie). Andrew Pierce, RB, Delaware
This guy was a revelation for the Blue Hens in 2010. Pierce is a former walk-on who came to the 1-AA powerhouse after a prolific prep career in New Jersey both as a runner and as a javelin thrower. Some college scouts, though, were skeptical if the 5-11, 200-pound back was a bit too stiff. Pierce, who has wowed his coaches with his instincts, certainly didn’t look stiff as he ran all over the CAA, slashing his way to 1,655 rushing yards and 14 touchdowns. And don’t expect him to slow down in 2011 since the Blue Hens have four starting O-linemen back as well as their tight end.
For more logon to CAAFootball.com
- #CAAFB Going Deep: The Making of a Comeback
- #CAAFB Closeup - Towson's Will Hayes
- This Week In CAA Football - Week 4 Preview
- Towson's O'Neill Receives National Honor
- Four CAAFB Teams Ranked In Top 25 Polls
- CAA Football Media Teleconference - Sept. 18
- CAA Football Weekly Awards - Sept. 18
- CAA Football Rewind - Sept. 16
- #CAAFB Closeup - Elon's Warren Messer
- #CAAFB Going Deep: Walking School Bus