Aug 15, 2011, 4:39 PM EDT
Seven of CAA Football’s 11 squads appeared in the first Top 25 of the season as The Sports Network/Fathead.com debuted its 2011 poll Monday. CAA Football’s total is three more than any other conference represented in the preseason poll, and one more than it began the 2010 season with in the same poll.
William and Mary, selected to win the league’s championship by its head coaches earlier this preseason, logged 20 first-place votes and will begin the season at No. 3. The Tribe, and CAA Football’s next highest ranked squad Delaware (No. 5), extended streaks to 13-consective weeks ranked among the poll’s Top-10. The Blue Hens (2) were one of four CAA Football squads to receive first-place votes, including William and Mary, No. 10 New Hampshire (1) and No. 14 Villanova (2). James Madison (No. 15), Richmond (No. 16) and Massachusetts (No. 25) round out the league’s seven ranked teams. The Spiders and Minutemen return to the poll for the first time since dropping out at the end of the 2010 regular season, while the Dukes were last part of the poll Nov. 1, 2010.
For the rest of the release, including the full Top 25 visit CAAFootball.com.
- Football National Signing Day
- Richmond's Lauletta Named Senior Bowl MVP
- This Week In CAA Football - Season Recap
- Four CAAFB Teams Ranked In Final Top 25 Polls
- JMU Falls 17-13 To NDSU In FCS Title Game
- Friday in Frisco
- JMU FCSChampionship - Thursday Update
- Ankrah Chosen FCS ADA Defensive Player Of The Year
- This Week In CAA Football - National Championship
- National Early Signing Day