Aug 15, 2011, 4:39 PM EST
Seven of CAA Football’s 11 squads appeared in the first Top 25 of the season as The Sports Network/Fathead.com debuted its 2011 poll Monday. CAA Football’s total is three more than any other conference represented in the preseason poll, and one more than it began the 2010 season with in the same poll.
William and Mary, selected to win the league’s championship by its head coaches earlier this preseason, logged 20 first-place votes and will begin the season at No. 3. The Tribe, and CAA Football’s next highest ranked squad Delaware (No. 5), extended streaks to 13-consective weeks ranked among the poll’s Top-10. The Blue Hens (2) were one of four CAA Football squads to receive first-place votes, including William and Mary, No. 10 New Hampshire (1) and No. 14 Villanova (2). James Madison (No. 15), Richmond (No. 16) and Massachusetts (No. 25) round out the league’s seven ranked teams. The Spiders and Minutemen return to the poll for the first time since dropping out at the end of the 2010 regular season, while the Dukes were last part of the poll Nov. 1, 2010.
For the rest of the release, including the full Top 25 visit CAAFootball.com.
- This Week In CAA Football - Playoff Preview #1
- Lauletta, Ankrah Lead CAAFB All-Conference Team
- Four CAAFB Teams In Final Regular-Season Polls
- CAA Football Media Teleconference - Nov. 20
- CAA Football Weekly Awards - Nov. 20
- Four CAAFB Teams Receive FCS Playoff Berths
- CAA Football Rewind - Nov. 18
- CAAFB Has Seven On Academic All-District Team
- This Week In CAA Football - Week 12 Preview
- Four CAAFB Teams Among Top 16 In FCS Polls