Aug 22, 2011, 4:21 PM EST
More than half of CAA Football’s roster of 11 squads were listed among the 2011 Preseason FCS Coaches Top 25 when it was released Monday. Since the poll began in 2007, CAA Football has had at least four teams ranked every week including both the preseason and final polls. The next closest league to the CAA Football total of six ranked is the Southern Conference’s four ranked teams led by No. 2 Appalachian State and No. 3 Georgia Southern.
William and Mary earned one first-place vote and logged 614 total points in the poll to come in at No. 4. The Tribe, ranked No. 3 in last week’s Sports Network/Fathead.com Top 25, is just three points out of the No. 2 spot held by the Mountaineers. Delaware, which ended last year with a tough one-point loss to current-No. 1 Eastern Washington in the National Championship game, logged 559 points and is ranked No. 5. New Hampshire gives the league three teams among the Top 10 as it comes in at No. 10. Villanova, a 9-5 squad from 2010, is ranked 13th. James Madison is the highest ranked squad among those which did not appear in the final 2010 poll as the Dukes rank 16th. Richmond rounds out the league’s representation in the poll at No. 19. Massachusetts finished just outside the preseason Top 25 polling after logging 73 points.
For the entire release and complete Top 25 poll visit CAAFootball.com.
- This Week In CAA Football - Playoff Preview #1
- Lauletta, Ankrah Lead CAAFB All-Conference Team
- Four CAAFB Teams In Final Regular-Season Polls
- CAA Football Media Teleconference - Nov. 20
- CAA Football Weekly Awards - Nov. 20
- Four CAAFB Teams Receive FCS Playoff Berths
- CAA Football Rewind - Nov. 18
- CAAFB Has Seven On Academic All-District Team
- This Week In CAA Football - Week 12 Preview
- Four CAAFB Teams Among Top 16 In FCS Polls