Aug 24, 2011, 5:23 PM EST
Awesome @The_CAAFootball connection in the same backfield on the same NFL team!
Special Thanks to Christopher Mudd of The Redskins Blog.
Fullback Darrel Young and running back Tim Hightower have been working hard together in the backfield this preseason. But their relationship wasn’t always so amicable.
For three years in college, the two faced off as conference opponents—on opposite sides of the ball. Back then, Young played linebacker at Villanova University, and Hightower was a running back at the University of Richmond.
During Young’s four-year career the Villanova Wildcats and Richmond Spiders split their series at two games each. The same is true about Hightower and his four-year career at Richmond. But because Hightower reached college a year earlier the Young, he hold the slight advantage in head-to-head games over Young (2-1).
For more from Mudd on the Redskins’ backfield tandem visit The Redskins Blog.
- Lauletta, Ankrah Lead CAAFB All-Conference Team
- Four CAAFB Teams In Final Regular-Season Polls
- CAA Football Media Teleconference - Nov. 20
- CAA Football Weekly Awards - Nov. 20
- Four CAAFB Teams Receive FCS Playoff Berths
- CAA Football Rewind - Nov. 18
- CAAFB Has Seven On Academic All-District Team
- This Week In CAA Football - Week 12 Preview
- Four CAAFB Teams Among Top 16 In FCS Polls
- CAA Football Media Teleconference - Nov. 13