Aug 24, 2011, 5:23 PM EDT
Awesome @The_CAAFootball connection in the same backfield on the same NFL team!
Special Thanks to Christopher Mudd of The Redskins Blog.
Fullback Darrel Young and running back Tim Hightower have been working hard together in the backfield this preseason. But their relationship wasn’t always so amicable.
For three years in college, the two faced off as conference opponents—on opposite sides of the ball. Back then, Young played linebacker at Villanova University, and Hightower was a running back at the University of Richmond.
During Young’s four-year career the Villanova Wildcats and Richmond Spiders split their series at two games each. The same is true about Hightower and his four-year career at Richmond. But because Hightower reached college a year earlier the Young, he hold the slight advantage in head-to-head games over Young (2-1).
For more from Mudd on the Redskins’ backfield tandem visit The Redskins Blog.
- Reisert Named CAAFB Scholar-Athlete Of The Year
- Football National Signing Day
- Richmond's Lauletta Named Senior Bowl MVP
- This Week In CAA Football - Season Recap
- Four CAAFB Teams Ranked In Final Top 25 Polls
- JMU Falls 17-13 To NDSU In FCS Title Game
- Friday in Frisco
- JMU FCSChampionship - Thursday Update
- Ankrah Chosen FCS ADA Defensive Player Of The Year
- This Week In CAA Football - National Championship