Aug 24, 2011, 5:23 PM EDT
Awesome @The_CAAFootball connection in the same backfield on the same NFL team!
Special Thanks to Christopher Mudd of The Redskins Blog.
Fullback Darrel Young and running back Tim Hightower have been working hard together in the backfield this preseason. But their relationship wasn’t always so amicable.
For three years in college, the two faced off as conference opponents—on opposite sides of the ball. Back then, Young played linebacker at Villanova University, and Hightower was a running back at the University of Richmond.
During Young’s four-year career the Villanova Wildcats and Richmond Spiders split their series at two games each. The same is true about Hightower and his four-year career at Richmond. But because Hightower reached college a year earlier the Young, he hold the slight advantage in head-to-head games over Young (2-1).
For more from Mudd on the Redskins’ backfield tandem visit The Redskins Blog.
- #CAAFB Going Deep: The Making of a Comeback
- #CAAFB Closeup - Towson's Will Hayes
- This Week In CAA Football - Week 4 Preview
- Towson's O'Neill Receives National Honor
- Four CAAFB Teams Ranked In Top 25 Polls
- CAA Football Media Teleconference - Sept. 18
- CAA Football Weekly Awards - Sept. 18
- CAA Football Rewind - Sept. 16
- #CAAFB Closeup - Elon's Warren Messer
- #CAAFB Going Deep: Walking School Bus