Oct 17, 2011, 2:13 PM EST
Maine’s senior quarterback Chris Treister’s game-winning two-point conversion flip into the end zone against James Madison on Oct. 8 is nominated for the GEICO Play of the Year, Intersport announced Sunday. Each week, fans vote for the GEICO Play of the Year and the winner will be announced on GEICO Best of College Football 2011 on CBS Nov. 25 at 1:30 p.m. ET.
In addition to recognizing the season’s top plays, the one-hour CBS Sports special relives the season’s greatest moments, players and traditions. The show also marks the culmination of the GEICO Mobile Marketing Tour, an interactive fan experience that visits 30 marquee games throughout the football season.
Each week for nine weeks, four incredible college football plays will be nominated as the Play of the Year on the GEICO Best of College Football Facebook page (facebook.com/BestofCollegeFootball). A panel of college football experts will evaluate the nine fan favorites and name the 2011 GEICO Play of the Year.
To watch or support Treister’s or any of the other highlight plays, visit www.facebook.com/BestofCollegeFootball. Fans can vote as often as they would like and share their vote with their Facebook friends. Week six voting opened Sunday and ends Sunday, Oct.23, at 9:59 a.m. ET.
- Lauletta, Ankrah Lead CAAFB All-Conference Team
- Four CAAFB Teams In Final Regular-Season Polls
- CAA Football Media Teleconference - Nov. 20
- CAA Football Weekly Awards - Nov. 20
- Four CAAFB Teams Receive FCS Playoff Berths
- CAA Football Rewind - Nov. 18
- CAAFB Has Seven On Academic All-District Team
- This Week In CAA Football - Week 12 Preview
- Four CAAFB Teams Among Top 16 In FCS Polls
- CAA Football Media Teleconference - Nov. 13