Oct 19, 2011, 3:13 PM EST
Six rushing touchdowns in two games and two-straight 100-yard rushing contests along with your team’s 5-1 start will get you noticed. Towson’s freshman running back Terrance West has recorded both of those individual feats and Tuesday was added to The 2011 Inaugural Jerry Rice Award Watch List. West joins three other CAA Football freshmen standouts placed on the lists’ initial release including New Hampshire’s R.J. Harris, Old Dominion’s Eriq Lewis and Villanova’s Dillon Lucas.
The award, presented by The Sports Network and sponsored by Fathead.com, will honor the outstanding freshman in the Football Championship Subdivision. A national panel of communications and media relations directors, broadcasters, writers and other dignitaries will select the award winner after the regular season. The legendary Rice, who played in the FCS (then Division I-AA) at Mississippi Valley State, will present the award at the national awards banquet on Jan. 6 in Frisco, Texas.
For the complete release visit CAAFootball.com.
- This Week In CAA Football - Playoff Preview #1
- Lauletta, Ankrah Lead CAAFB All-Conference Team
- Four CAAFB Teams In Final Regular-Season Polls
- CAA Football Media Teleconference - Nov. 20
- CAA Football Weekly Awards - Nov. 20
- Four CAAFB Teams Receive FCS Playoff Berths
- CAA Football Rewind - Nov. 18
- CAAFB Has Seven On Academic All-District Team
- This Week In CAA Football - Week 12 Preview
- Four CAAFB Teams Among Top 16 In FCS Polls