Oct 19, 2011, 3:13 PM EDT
Six rushing touchdowns in two games and two-straight 100-yard rushing contests along with your team’s 5-1 start will get you noticed. Towson’s freshman running back Terrance West has recorded both of those individual feats and Tuesday was added to The 2011 Inaugural Jerry Rice Award Watch List. West joins three other CAA Football freshmen standouts placed on the lists’ initial release including New Hampshire’s R.J. Harris, Old Dominion’s Eriq Lewis and Villanova’s Dillon Lucas.
The award, presented by The Sports Network and sponsored by Fathead.com, will honor the outstanding freshman in the Football Championship Subdivision. A national panel of communications and media relations directors, broadcasters, writers and other dignitaries will select the award winner after the regular season. The legendary Rice, who played in the FCS (then Division I-AA) at Mississippi Valley State, will present the award at the national awards banquet on Jan. 6 in Frisco, Texas.
For the complete release visit CAAFootball.com.
- CAA Football Kicks Off 2018 Season With Media Day On July 24
- 13 Players, 6 Teams Receive HERO Sports Preseason Recognition
- Nation's-Best Six CAA Football Teams Ranked In Athlon Top 25 Poll
- Three CAA Football Players Selected In 2018 NFL Draft
- Nine CAAFB Players Named To Hampshire Honor Society
- Reisert Named CAAFB Scholar-Athlete Of The Year
- Football National Signing Day
- Richmond's Lauletta Named Senior Bowl MVP
- This Week In CAA Football - Season Recap
- Four CAAFB Teams Ranked In Final Top 25 Polls