Nov 13, 2011, 4:23 PM EDT
Miss any of the CAA Football action yesterday?…no fear, we have you covered. Navigate back to CAAFootball.com for the entire weekend recap from around CAA Football!
Maine and Towson will iron out the league championship scenarios this weekend when both squads go on the road. Both won home games Saturday to cement their playoff possibilities. Old Dominion closed out its regular season with a win at rival William and Mary, while both Delaware and James Madison kept playoff hopes alive with wins at home.
Tie-Breakers & Championship Scenarios: So you want to know who is going to hoist that trophy following Saturday’s action, or which team will be earmarked as the CAA Football automatic qualifier to the NCAA Division I National Championship. Read the explanations and scenarios below.
CAA Football utilizes tie-breaking procedures to determine its automatic qualifier for NCAA Championship participation. Conference Championships can and will be awarded to multiple teams in the event of identical conference winning percentage.
— A Maine win and a Towson loss will give Maine the outright title and the league’s automatic bid into the NCAA Division I National Championship.
— A Towson win and a Maine loss will give Towson the outright title and the league’s automatic bid into the NCAA Division I National Championship.
— A Maine win and a Towson win will give both teams a share of the league title, while Towson will earn CAA Football’s automatic bid by way of the league’s head-to-head tiebreaker…Towson defeated Maine, 40-30, Nov. 5.
— A Maine loss and a Towson loss will create a four-team share of the league title including Maine, New Hampshire, Old Dominion and Towson. Towson will earn CAA Football’s automatic bid by way of its combined 3-0 record against all teams tied atop the league standings.
For more on all the CAA Football action this past weekend visit CAAFootball.com.
- CAA Football Kicks Off 2018 Season With Media Day On July 24
- 13 Players, 6 Teams Receive HERO Sports Preseason Recognition
- Nation's-Best Six CAA Football Teams Ranked In Athlon Top 25 Poll
- Three CAA Football Players Selected In 2018 NFL Draft
- Nine CAAFB Players Named To Hampshire Honor Society
- Reisert Named CAAFB Scholar-Athlete Of The Year
- Football National Signing Day
- Richmond's Lauletta Named Senior Bowl MVP
- This Week In CAA Football - Season Recap
- Four CAAFB Teams Ranked In Final Top 25 Polls