Nov 21, 2011, 4:25 PM EDT
CAA Football, which makes up a quarter of the 2011 NCAA Division I Football National Championships field, announced its 2011 All-Conference honors Monday.
The awards, voted on by the 11 CAA Football head coaches, were handed out following a 2011 season which saw as many as nine league squads ranked among the Top 25. CAA Football also extended its string of wins against FBS opponents to nine in the last 10 seasons and culminated its success in 2011 by equalling its own FCS record advancing five teams to postseason play.
New Hampshire senior quarterback Kevin Decker was chosen as the 2011 CAA Football Offensive Player of the Year. The league’s Defensive Player of the Year honor was awarded to Old Dominion senior defensive lineman Ronnie Cameron. William and Mary senior kick returner Jonathan Grimes repeated as CAA Football Special Teams Player of the Year and Towson third-year head coach Rob Ambrose picked up the CAA Football Coach of the Year award. Towson freshman running back Terrance West and Villanova linebacker Dillon Lucas were the league’s Offensive and Defensive Rookies of the Year, respectively.
For the full release visit CAAFootball.com.
- #CAAFB 12 Teams In 12 Days Preview - UNH
- #CAAFB 12 Teams In 12 Days Preview - Maine
- #CAAFB 12 Teams In 12 Days Preview - JMU
- #CAAFB 12 Teams In 12 Days Preview - Elon
- #CAAFB 12 Teams In 12 Days Preview - Delaware
- #CAAFB 12 Teams In 12 Days Preview - UAlbany
- Four Teams Ranked In FCS Coaches Top 25 Poll
- Seven CAAFB Players On CFPA Performer Watch List
- CAA Football 12 Teams In 12 Days Preview
- Five CAAFB Teams Ranked In STATS Preseason Top 25