Nov 23, 2011, 3:57 PM EDT
In August of this year, Old Dominion football coach Bobby Wilder told the Virginian-Pilot newspaper he was “confident they hit” on freshman QB recruit Taylor Heinicke from Georgia.
Impressive from the very start of training camp, the plan was to redshirt Heinicke and let senior QB Thomas DeMarco finish as the starter in 2011.
Things change, and for ODU it worked out perfectly.
One of the Norfolk area’s top newspapers, the Virginian-Pilot, originally touched on the plight of the Monarch’s young star quarterback, so this story should be familiar to those in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
For the full story visit CAAZone.com.
- Reisert Named CAAFB Scholar-Athlete Of The Year
- Football National Signing Day
- Richmond's Lauletta Named Senior Bowl MVP
- This Week In CAA Football - Season Recap
- Four CAAFB Teams Ranked In Final Top 25 Polls
- JMU Falls 17-13 To NDSU In FCS Title Game
- Friday in Frisco
- JMU FCSChampionship - Thursday Update
- Ankrah Chosen FCS ADA Defensive Player Of The Year
- This Week In CAA Football - National Championship