Dec 2, 2011, 12:45 PM EDT
CAA Football Gameday Central is your source for all of the league action this weekend. Check back over the course of gameday for final scores and links to every boxscore.
— CAA Football squads own a mark of 3-1 (.750) in Second Round NCAA Championships action after the championship field was expanded in 2010.
— Two of the five CAA Football postseason teams are making their first-ever appearance in the playoffs. Old Dominion, in only its third season of existence, already won a playoff game this season. Towson moved up to the I-AA (FCS) level in 1987 and joined the league in 2004.
— CAA Football has had multiple NCAA Postseason berths in each of the last 21 seasons.
— 15 CAA Football programs (including the Yankee Conference and Atlantic 10) have earned 80 postseason berths all-time dating back to 1978.
— CAA Football has been represented in the NCAA Division I National Championship game in seven of the last eight seasons.
— In 2007 CAA Football became the first league to ever garner five postseason berths in the NCAA Division I Football Championship field of 16. The league, which has five postseason berths this season, has now accomplished the feat three times since 2007 (2008).
— A CAA Football program has won two of the last three and four of the last eight National Championships.
— Over the last two seasons CAA Football teams are 7-3 in NCAA Division I Championship games when not facing league opponents.
- #CAAFB 12 Teams In 12 Days Preview - Rhode Island
- #CAAFB 12 Teams In 12 Days Preview - UNH
- #CAAFB 12 Teams In 12 Days Preview - Maine
- #CAAFB 12 Teams In 12 Days Preview - JMU
- #CAAFB 12 Teams In 12 Days Preview - Elon
- #CAAFB 12 Teams In 12 Days Preview - Delaware
- #CAAFB 12 Teams In 12 Days Preview - UAlbany
- Four Teams Ranked In FCS Coaches Top 25 Poll
- Seven CAAFB Players On CFPA Performer Watch List
- CAA Football 12 Teams In 12 Days Preview