Dec 15, 2011, 3:51 PM EDT
William and Mary’s Jonathan Grimes and UMass’ Tyler Holmes lead a cast of eight Associated Press All-Americans from the league. Both Grimes, an All-Purpose athlete, and Holmes, a linebacker, earned First Team recognition.
Also picking up honors on both the Second and Third Team were Towson’s Terrance West, Delaware’s Gino Gradkowski, New Hampshire’s Matt Evans, Richmond’s Tre Gray and Old Dominion’s Ronnie Cameron and Jonathan Plisco.
|William and Mary’s Jonathan Grimes|
Grimes will leave William and Mary as the most decorated athlete in CAA Football league history having won 11 conference individual honors in his four-year career. Grimes finished his career among the league’s best-ever in terms of all-purpose average and career all-purpose yardage. The Palmyra, N.J., native finished 2011 averaging better than 228 all-purpose yards per game which places him fifth among the single-season leaders all-time. His career total of 7,955 all-purpose yards make him third among CAA Football’s career all-purpose leaders behind only Brian Westbrook and Jerry Azumah.
|UMass’ Tyler Holmes|
Holmes was a two-time First Team All-CAA Football linebacker for UMass and earned the conference Defensive Player of the Year honor in 2010. In 2011, he posted a team-best 118 tackles in 11 games while also making 5.5 stops behind the line of scrimmage. Holmes already earned AFCA All-America honors following the 2011 season.
For the complete list of all three AP All-America squads visit CAAFootball.com.
- Elon's Cheek Named National Freshman Of The Week
- Record-Tying Seven CAA Teams In Top 25 Poll
- CAA Football Media Teleconference - Oct. 23
- CAA Football Weekly Awards - Oct. 23
- CAA Football Rewind - Oct. 21
- Mack, Messer Added To National Award Watch Lists
- This Week In CAA Football - Week 8 Preview
- CAAFB Has Six Ranked Teams In Latest Top 25 Poll
- CAA Football Media Teleconference - Oct. 16
- CAA Football Weekly Awards - Oct. 16