Jan 2, 2012, 1:41 PM EST
|Towson Head Coach Rob Ambrose|
Towson University head football coach Rob Ambrose has agreed to an extension to his current agreement that will see him coach the Tigers through the 2016 season, Director of Athletics Mike Waddell announced today.
“Rob and his staff are building a strong foundation that will give our football program an opportunity to sustain success over the long term,” said Waddell. “The 2011 season has energized our campus with a swell of Towson pride and as we move into a new year that will only continue to build. Our student-athletes are achieving on the field, in the classroom and represent our university in the community as we drive to establish ourselves as Baltimore’s college football team. It takes time to build a football program and after three years, Rob’s leadership has put us ahead of schedule in many aspects.”
“First of all, it is an honor to get an extension and a new five-year contract,” said Ambrose, a 1993 Towson graduate. “As a football coach, I have always wanted to have some stability for myself and my family. The commitment from Towson University is outstanding. My commitment to this university and the Towson University community is strong and very meaningful to my family. I am grateful to Towson for their confidence in our staff and the direction that our football program is moving. I am confident that we can win a national championship at Towson as everyone is showing a strong commitment to create a positive environment across the board.”
For the complete release made official Dec. 24 be sure to visit TowsonTigers.com.
- Lauletta, Ankrah Lead CAAFB All-Conference Team
- Four CAAFB Teams In Final Regular-Season Polls
- CAA Football Media Teleconference - Nov. 20
- CAA Football Weekly Awards - Nov. 20
- Four CAAFB Teams Receive FCS Playoff Berths
- CAA Football Rewind - Nov. 18
- CAAFB Has Seven On Academic All-District Team
- This Week In CAA Football - Week 12 Preview
- Four CAAFB Teams Among Top 16 In FCS Polls
- CAA Football Media Teleconference - Nov. 13