Jan 4, 2012, 4:09 PM EDT
CAA Football First Team linebacker Matt Evans (New Hampshire) and First Team running back Terrance West (Towson) highlight the Walter Camp Football Foundation 2011 Football Championship Subdivision All-America team. The team was selected by the head coaches and sports information directors of the FCS schools and certified by the accounting and auditing firm, Marcum LLP.
|New Hampshire’s Matt Evans|
Evans, one of four repeat defensive players on the squad, adds to his already impressive list of season accolades, which includes: Phil Steele’s All-America First Team; The Sports Network/Fathead.com All-America; College Sports Madness All-American; A.P. All-America Second Team; Gold Helmet Award as New England’s player of the year; All-CAA First Team and All-New England Team. Additionally, the 6-foot, 227-pound LB is one of four finalists for the Buck Buchanan Award, which goes to the top defensive player in the FCS, for the second consecutive year.
|Towson’s Terrance West|
West, who earned first team All-America honors from The Sports Network and was an Associated Press second team All-American, is one of two Colonial Athletic Association representatives on the Walter Camp All-America team. Junior linebacker Matt Evans of New Hampshire was also honored.
For the complete CAA Football release visit CAAFootball.com.
- CAA Football Kicks Off 2018 Season With Media Day On July 24
- 13 Players, 6 Teams Receive HERO Sports Preseason Recognition
- Nation's-Best Six CAA Football Teams Ranked In Athlon Top 25 Poll
- Three CAA Football Players Selected In 2018 NFL Draft
- Nine CAAFB Players Named To Hampshire Honor Society
- Reisert Named CAAFB Scholar-Athlete Of The Year
- Football National Signing Day
- Richmond's Lauletta Named Senior Bowl MVP
- This Week In CAA Football - Season Recap
- Four CAAFB Teams Ranked In Final Top 25 Polls