Jan 7, 2012, 2:02 AM EDT
Three of the four 2011 NCAA FCS National Award winners hale from CAA Football and were recognized at The Sports Network National Award Banquet Friday.
Towson head coach Rob Ambrose was named the Eddie Robinson National Coach of the Year. The Tigers’ Terrance West was awarded the Inaugural Jerry Rice Freshman of the Year honor, while New Hampshire’s Matt Evans was named the Buck Buchanan National Defensive Player of the Year.
For the complete release visit CAAFootball.com.
For more coverage of the 2011 Sports Network Awards Banquet and the its winners visit SportsNetwork.com.
- 13 Players, 6 Teams Receive HERO Sports Preseason Recognition
- Nation's-Best Six CAA Football Teams Ranked In Athlon Top 25 Poll
- Three CAA Football Players Selected In 2018 NFL Draft
- Nine CAAFB Players Named To Hampshire Honor Society
- Reisert Named CAAFB Scholar-Athlete Of The Year
- Football National Signing Day
- Richmond's Lauletta Named Senior Bowl MVP
- This Week In CAA Football - Season Recap
- Four CAAFB Teams Ranked In Final Top 25 Polls
- JMU Falls 17-13 To NDSU In FCS Title Game