Feb 22, 2012, 10:41 AM EDT
Old Dominion defensive lineman Ronnie Cameron, the 2011 CAA Football Student-Athlete of the Year, headlines a list of 121 CAA Football Academic All-Conference honorees for the 2011 season.
Cameron maintained a 3.46 grade point average while working towards his Business Administration Master’s in Information Technology. The Westbury, N.Y., native is a five-year journeyman in CAA Football after beginning his career at Hofstra. The Old Dominion Dean’s List member earned All-America accolades from seven different publications in 2011. Cameron finished his undergraduate degree in three years before graduating last December with his MBA.
The 2011 CAA Football Defensive Player of the Year ranked second on the Monarch squad with 73 tackles (28 solo, 45 assisted) to go with a team-leading 17 tackles for loss and 6.5 sacks. He averaged 5.6 tackles per game, which was fourth among defensive lineman in the CAA and finished second in the league in tackles for loss averaging 1.31 per contest.
CAA Football cited 121 student-athletes – 75 on offense and 46 on defense – as members of its 2011 Academic All-Conference team.
To be eligible for the CAA Football Academic All-Conference Team, a player must be a starter or important reserve and have a cumulative GPA of 3.00-or-better (on a 4.00 scale) for his entire academic career. Transfers and first-year freshmen are eligible. Voting for the Student-Athlete of the Year honor is conducted by 11 CAA Football Communications personnel from the 2011 season.
For the complete release and a list of all the Academic All-Conference honorees visit CAAFootball.com.
- CAA Football Kicks Off 2018 Season With Media Day On July 24
- 13 Players, 6 Teams Receive HERO Sports Preseason Recognition
- Nation's-Best Six CAA Football Teams Ranked In Athlon Top 25 Poll
- Three CAA Football Players Selected In 2018 NFL Draft
- Nine CAAFB Players Named To Hampshire Honor Society
- Reisert Named CAAFB Scholar-Athlete Of The Year
- Football National Signing Day
- Richmond's Lauletta Named Senior Bowl MVP
- This Week In CAA Football - Season Recap
- Four CAAFB Teams Ranked In Final Top 25 Polls