Mar 23, 2012, 10:25 AM EDT
The 2012 CAA Football schedule was officially released Friday, and is made up of 77 games over a span of 12 weeks. CAA Football, which welcomes Georgia State as a new football-playing member this season, will be a one-division 11-team league in 2012 and each squad’s slate will feature eight conference contests.
|Towson’s Grant Enders|
The 2012 season of CAA Football will feature a total of 44 conference games and kicks off in the season’s third weekend. The first of two conference contests Sept. 15 will feature a pair of the league’s most recent champions as Towson (2011) hosts William and Mary (2010). The second of the league’s opening games will pit Rhode Island and head coach Joe Trainer against Villanova and head coach Andy Talley at Villanova. Trainer served as a defensive assistant on Talley’s Wildcat staff from 1997-2004.
|New Hampshire’s Matt Evans|
Eleven of the league’s 33 non-conference tilts will feature opponents from the Bowl Subdivision classification, including four teams which participated in bowl games last season — Villanova/Temple (Aug. 31), Richmond/Virginia (Sept. 1), James Madison/West Virginia (Sept. 15 at FedEx Field) and Towson/LSU (Sept. 29).
Additional FBS contests for CAA Football programs include Georgia State travelling to Tennessee then a week later hosting FBS-transitional foe UT-San Antonio. Maine (Boston College) and William and Mary (Maryland) will square off against Atlantic Coast Conference members. New Hampshire will travel to Minnesota while Rhode Island will face Bowling Green. Towson, in addition to facing LSU, will open its season at Kent State.
For the complete release including several printer-friendly versions of the 2012 schedule visit CAAFootball.com.
- CAA Football Kicks Off 2018 Season With Media Day On July 24
- 13 Players, 6 Teams Receive HERO Sports Preseason Recognition
- Nation's-Best Six CAA Football Teams Ranked In Athlon Top 25 Poll
- Three CAA Football Players Selected In 2018 NFL Draft
- Nine CAAFB Players Named To Hampshire Honor Society
- Reisert Named CAAFB Scholar-Athlete Of The Year
- Football National Signing Day
- Richmond's Lauletta Named Senior Bowl MVP
- This Week In CAA Football - Season Recap
- Four CAAFB Teams Ranked In Final Top 25 Polls