Apr 9, 2012, 4:28 PM EST
“Georgia State’s withdrawal from the CAA and CAA Football is predicated on the university’s desire to reclassify to FBS football which requires membership in an FBS league. We’ve been aware that GSU was having discussions with the Sun Belt Conference as the CAA could not accommodate that desire within GSU’s timeframe. The conference wishes the university well as it pursues these new interests.
The CAA and CAA Football are well positioned to continue to build on our recent accomplishments including two Final Four appearances in men’s basketball, five national championships in football and new national television contracts all of which have been prominent benchmarks during ongoing membership discussions.”
This statement is also available at CAASports.com.
- Four CAAFB Teams Receive FCS Playoff Berths
- CAA Football Rewind - Nov. 18
- CAAFB Has Seven On Academic All-District Team
- This Week In CAA Football - Week 12 Preview
- Four CAAFB Teams Among Top 16 In FCS Polls
- CAA Football Media Teleconference - Nov. 13
- CAA Football Weekly Awards - Nov. 13
- CAA Football Rewind - Nov. 11
- This Week In CAA Football - Week 11 Preview
- Four CAAFB Teams Ranked In Top 25 Polls