Apr 9, 2012, 4:28 PM EDT
“Georgia State’s withdrawal from the CAA and CAA Football is predicated on the university’s desire to reclassify to FBS football which requires membership in an FBS league. We’ve been aware that GSU was having discussions with the Sun Belt Conference as the CAA could not accommodate that desire within GSU’s timeframe. The conference wishes the university well as it pursues these new interests.
The CAA and CAA Football are well positioned to continue to build on our recent accomplishments including two Final Four appearances in men’s basketball, five national championships in football and new national television contracts all of which have been prominent benchmarks during ongoing membership discussions.”
This statement is also available at CAASports.com.
- Football National Signing Day
- Richmond's Lauletta Named Senior Bowl MVP
- This Week In CAA Football - Season Recap
- Four CAAFB Teams Ranked In Final Top 25 Polls
- JMU Falls 17-13 To NDSU In FCS Title Game
- Friday in Frisco
- JMU FCSChampionship - Thursday Update
- Ankrah Chosen FCS ADA Defensive Player Of The Year
- This Week In CAA Football - National Championship
- National Early Signing Day