Aug 28, 2012, 4:22 PM EST
Rhode Island will remain a member of CAA Football, it was announced today by director of athletics Thorr Bjorn. On Aug. 7, 2012, the Rams were extended an invitation to stay in the league by CAA commissioner Tom Yeager.
“We are very appreciative of the CAA, Commissioner Yeager and all the football-playing member institutions for the re-invitation to stay in the league. They have made it clear that the University of Rhode Island is a very important and long-standing member of their association,” Bjorn said.
“All the institutions in the conference are thrilled that Rhode Island has accepted our invitation to remain in the conference,” Yeager said. “As a charter member dating back to 1946, URI is a valued member and an important rival for many of our schools. We are very excited that the addition of new members Albany and Stony Brook will quickly establish even more rivalries for our five Northeast institutions, strengthening all the programs.”
For the complete release visit CAAFootball.com.
- CAA Football Media Teleconference - Nov. 20
- CAA Football Weekly Awards - Nov. 20
- Four CAAFB Teams Receive FCS Playoff Berths
- CAA Football Rewind - Nov. 18
- CAAFB Has Seven On Academic All-District Team
- This Week In CAA Football - Week 12 Preview
- Four CAAFB Teams Among Top 16 In FCS Polls
- CAA Football Media Teleconference - Nov. 13
- CAA Football Weekly Awards - Nov. 13
- CAA Football Rewind - Nov. 11