Aug 28, 2012, 4:22 PM EDT
Rhode Island will remain a member of CAA Football, it was announced today by director of athletics Thorr Bjorn. On Aug. 7, 2012, the Rams were extended an invitation to stay in the league by CAA commissioner Tom Yeager.
“We are very appreciative of the CAA, Commissioner Yeager and all the football-playing member institutions for the re-invitation to stay in the league. They have made it clear that the University of Rhode Island is a very important and long-standing member of their association,” Bjorn said.
“All the institutions in the conference are thrilled that Rhode Island has accepted our invitation to remain in the conference,” Yeager said. “As a charter member dating back to 1946, URI is a valued member and an important rival for many of our schools. We are very excited that the addition of new members Albany and Stony Brook will quickly establish even more rivalries for our five Northeast institutions, strengthening all the programs.”
For the complete release visit CAAFootball.com.
- CAA Football Media Day To Kick Off 2017 Season
- Four CAAFB Players Named Preseason All-Americans
- CAA Football Announces 2017 Schedule
- Five CAAFB Teams Ranked In Athlon Preseason Poll
- VU's Kpassagnon, Seaton Chosen In NFL Draft
- Ryder, Shorey Named Student-Athletes Of The Year
- CAA Football Announces Academic All-Conference Team
- National Signing Day Central
- This Week In CAA Football - Season Finale
- Houston Named AFCA FCS National Coach Of The Year