Sep 12, 2012, 6:03 PM EDT
Normally we do not post much on this blog about personnel within the league office…focusing more on the programs and student-athletes inside our league. We are going to take a minute to step outside that box and welcome the newest member of the CAA Football team to the fold.
CAA Football is excited to announce the hiring of Zach Burrus as the league’s Director of Communications/Operations. Burrus, a one-time Colonial Athletic Association intern, returns to the league office after having spent the last year working at the University of Richmond as an Assistant Director for Athletic Public Relations.
The 2006 graduate of the University of Missouri, who also holds Masters’ degrees from both Missouri (’08) and Notre Dame (’10), is extremely familiar with the league working on a multitude of CAA Football projects during his time at the CAA office in 2010-11 and also this past season while serving as the secondary football communications contact for the Spiders.
“The opportunity to bring Zach back into the CAA Football mix will enable us to insert new ideas into the way we continually promote the best FCS league in the country,” CAAFB Commissioner Tom Yeager said. “We are happy he chose to join us and can’t wait for him to impact our mission.”
*Burrus replaces Scott Meyer, the league’s Director of Communications since 2007, who was recently promoted to Associate Commissioner/Integrated Digital Strategies for the CAA.
- CAA Football Rewind - Sept. 23
- #CAAFB Closeup - Stony Brook's Tyrice Beverette
- #CAAFB Going Deep: The Making of a Comeback
- #CAAFB Closeup - Towson's Will Hayes
- This Week In CAA Football - Week 4 Preview
- Towson's O'Neill Receives National Honor
- Four CAAFB Teams Ranked In Top 25 Polls
- CAA Football Media Teleconference - Sept. 18
- CAA Football Weekly Awards - Sept. 18
- CAA Football Rewind - Sept. 16