Dec 14, 2012, 8:46 AM EDT
Santa arrived a bit early to the CAA Football office this week in the form of a UPS guy with eight large boxes containing our 104 all-conference awards. It was my job to then go through and prep all of the awards to send to each of our schools. With this being my first year on the job, I quickly learned that there’s a lot more involved in this process than meets the eye.
Since our many CAA Football fans couldn’t be by my side these last couple of days (although I would have gladly welcomed the help), I thought I’d offer some insight into this thoroughly enjoyable process with photo highlights.
The awards arrived in eight large boxes. My first thought was to use them for some kind of obstacle course, but that would have been neither productive nor professional.
I’m a firm believer that no process can begin without a checklist. Similar to Santa’s elves, I went through and ensured each award was both correct and undamaged. Sadly, this 104-name checklist pales in comparison to my weekly work checklist originally created by Scott Meyer when he was in my position.
I organized the awards alphabetically by school. I’m also a firm believer that one can never have too many stickies.
A number of awards had to be returned to the Island of Misfit Awards.
I had some help in the quality control process from my coworker Raven Wilkinson, who made notes on each incorrect or damaged award that we then forwarded on to the supplier.
Bubble wrap! Popping it is one of my favorite past times, so I had to exercise a great deal of restraint during all of this because…
We had to use it to repack the awards. Quick shout-out to our awesome intern Jeff Botwick for all of his help.
While repacking, I transferred the peanuts into one giant box… and had a little fun in the process.
And then this happened. Yes, I had a little too much fun. And yes, what one coworker called a “snowstorm” still remains in my office two days later.
- CAA Football Kicks Off 2018 Season With Media Day On July 24
- 13 Players, 6 Teams Receive HERO Sports Preseason Recognition
- Nation's-Best Six CAA Football Teams Ranked In Athlon Top 25 Poll
- Three CAA Football Players Selected In 2018 NFL Draft
- Nine CAAFB Players Named To Hampshire Honor Society
- Reisert Named CAAFB Scholar-Athlete Of The Year
- Football National Signing Day
- Richmond's Lauletta Named Senior Bowl MVP
- This Week In CAA Football - Season Recap
- Four CAAFB Teams Ranked In Final Top 25 Polls