Jan 18, 2013, 11:00 AM EDT
We continue to roll out the new features here on Every Day Is Saturday as we welcome you to our new Friday Morning Tailgate series that’ll be featured every Friday here on the blog. In each post in the series, we’ll serve up the week’s best news and video clips to catch you up on all the latest happenings around CAA Football. It may be the offseason, but there’s certainly always news to be had in the collegiate football ranks.
- Wilmington News Journal’s Kevin Tresolini broke the story of Delaware’s forthcoming head coaching hire.
- Stony Brook has extended head coach Chuck Priore’s contract through 2017.
- Jared Stanger of SB Nation’s Field Gulls spotlights Richmond’s Cooper Taylor ahead of Saturday’s East-West Shrine Game.
- Russ Lande of the National Football Post highlights UR’s Taylor as one of six players who most helped his NFL draft stock in this week’s Shrine Game practices.
- NFP’s Lande calls New Hampshire’s Matt Evans and James Madison’s Earl Watford “Players that helped themselves” at Wednesday’s East-West Shrine Game practice.
- Damond Talbot of NFL Draft Zone spotlights Richmond’s Kendall Gaskins.
- John Doyle of the Foster’s Daily Democrat talks to New Hampshire head coach Sean McDonnell about former assistant and close friend Chip Kelly’s recent hire as Philadelphia Eagles head coach.
- Chad Pradelli of Philly’s WPVI-TV takes a look at former UNH assistant and newly-minted Eagles head coach Chip Kelly’s ties to his native New Hampshire.
- Allen Lessels of the New Hampshire Union Leader covers UNH alum and current Baltimore Ravens CB Corey Graham’s success through the eyes of his former Wildcat coaches.
- Brian Ewart of SB Nation’s VU Hoops discusses Villanova’s high expectations in 2013.
- Matthew Stoss of the Daily News-Record examines the recent commitment of Blaine Stewart, son former West Virginia coach Bill Stewart, to James Madison.
- Daniel McInerney of The UD Review looks at former Blue Hens QB Joe Flacco five years after leaving campus. (from Dec. 3)
- CAA Football Kicks Off 2018 Season With Media Day On July 24
- 13 Players, 6 Teams Receive HERO Sports Preseason Recognition
- Nation's-Best Six CAA Football Teams Ranked In Athlon Top 25 Poll
- Three CAA Football Players Selected In 2018 NFL Draft
- Nine CAAFB Players Named To Hampshire Honor Society
- Reisert Named CAAFB Scholar-Athlete Of The Year
- Football National Signing Day
- Richmond's Lauletta Named Senior Bowl MVP
- This Week In CAA Football - Season Recap
- Four CAAFB Teams Ranked In Final Top 25 Polls