Jan 21, 2013, 12:40 PM EDT
Four former CAA Football players are headed to New Orleans for Super Bowl XLVII following Baltimore’s 28-13 victory over host New England in Sunday’s AFC Championship game. Delaware’s Joe Flacco (’08) and Gino Gradkowski (’12), New Hampshire’s Corey Graham (’07) and James Madison’s D.J. Bryant (’12) will all represent the league as members of the Ravens on Feb. 3.
Flacco outdueled Patriots QB Tom Brady, finishing 21-for-36 with 240 yards and three touchdowns through the air to lead Baltimore back from a 13-7 halftime deficit and to the team’s first Super Bowl appearance since 2000. Graham also had a strong showing on Sunday, totaling the squad’s second-most tackles with 11 stops to help the Ravens hold the Pats scoreless in the game’s second half.
Baltimore will meet San Francisco in Super Bowl XLVII on Sunday, Feb. 3 at the Superdome in New Orleans. We’ll have continued coverage of our alums in the coming days leading up to the game.
For now, check out some tweets sent out in the hours after the Ravens’ AFC Championship win.
- CAA Football Rewind - Sept. 23
- #CAAFB Closeup - Stony Brook's Tyrice Beverette
- #CAAFB Going Deep: The Making of a Comeback
- #CAAFB Closeup - Towson's Will Hayes
- This Week In CAA Football - Week 4 Preview
- Towson's O'Neill Receives National Honor
- Four CAAFB Teams Ranked In Top 25 Polls
- CAA Football Media Teleconference - Sept. 18
- CAA Football Weekly Awards - Sept. 18
- CAA Football Rewind - Sept. 16