Jan 22, 2013, 8:45 AM EDT
National postseason honors continue to roll in as four CAA Football players were named to the 2012 College Sporting News (CSN) Fabulous Fifty All-America Team on Monday. Old Dominion sophomore QB Taylor Heinicke, who was named the organization’s Offensive Player of the Year, was joined on the list by James Madison senior OL Earl Watford, New Hampshire senior LB Matt Evans and ODU sophomore LS Rick Lovato. Maine junior TE Justin Perillo received Honorable Mention honors.
Evans and Watford have copped All-America honors from each of the major organizations this year, including the American Football Coaches Association (AFCA), Associated Press, Walter Camp Foundation and The Sports Network. The pair was also invited to played in this past Saturday’s East-West Shrine Game. Heinicke was selected to three of the four aforementioned All-America lists and received The Sports Network’s Walter Payton National Player of the Year Award in December.
For the complete list of Fabulous Fifty honorees, please visit collegesportingnews.com.
- Football National Signing Day
- Richmond's Lauletta Named Senior Bowl MVP
- This Week In CAA Football - Season Recap
- Four CAAFB Teams Ranked In Final Top 25 Polls
- JMU Falls 17-13 To NDSU In FCS Title Game
- Friday in Frisco
- JMU FCSChampionship - Thursday Update
- Ankrah Chosen FCS ADA Defensive Player Of The Year
- This Week In CAA Football - National Championship
- National Early Signing Day