Jan 22, 2013, 8:45 AM EST
National postseason honors continue to roll in as four CAA Football players were named to the 2012 College Sporting News (CSN) Fabulous Fifty All-America Team on Monday. Old Dominion sophomore QB Taylor Heinicke, who was named the organization’s Offensive Player of the Year, was joined on the list by James Madison senior OL Earl Watford, New Hampshire senior LB Matt Evans and ODU sophomore LS Rick Lovato. Maine junior TE Justin Perillo received Honorable Mention honors.
Evans and Watford have copped All-America honors from each of the major organizations this year, including the American Football Coaches Association (AFCA), Associated Press, Walter Camp Foundation and The Sports Network. The pair was also invited to played in this past Saturday’s East-West Shrine Game. Heinicke was selected to three of the four aforementioned All-America lists and received The Sports Network’s Walter Payton National Player of the Year Award in December.
For the complete list of Fabulous Fifty honorees, please visit collegesportingnews.com.
- This Week In CAA Football - Playoff Preview #1
- Lauletta, Ankrah Lead CAAFB All-Conference Team
- Four CAAFB Teams In Final Regular-Season Polls
- CAA Football Media Teleconference - Nov. 20
- CAA Football Weekly Awards - Nov. 20
- Four CAAFB Teams Receive FCS Playoff Berths
- CAA Football Rewind - Nov. 18
- CAAFB Has Seven On Academic All-District Team
- This Week In CAA Football - Week 12 Preview
- Four CAAFB Teams Among Top 16 In FCS Polls