Jan 22, 2013, 8:45 AM EDT
National postseason honors continue to roll in as four CAA Football players were named to the 2012 College Sporting News (CSN) Fabulous Fifty All-America Team on Monday. Old Dominion sophomore QB Taylor Heinicke, who was named the organization’s Offensive Player of the Year, was joined on the list by James Madison senior OL Earl Watford, New Hampshire senior LB Matt Evans and ODU sophomore LS Rick Lovato. Maine junior TE Justin Perillo received Honorable Mention honors.
Evans and Watford have copped All-America honors from each of the major organizations this year, including the American Football Coaches Association (AFCA), Associated Press, Walter Camp Foundation and The Sports Network. The pair was also invited to played in this past Saturday’s East-West Shrine Game. Heinicke was selected to three of the four aforementioned All-America lists and received The Sports Network’s Walter Payton National Player of the Year Award in December.
For the complete list of Fabulous Fifty honorees, please visit collegesportingnews.com.
- CAA Football Kicks Off 2018 Season With Media Day On July 24
- 13 Players, 6 Teams Receive HERO Sports Preseason Recognition
- Nation's-Best Six CAA Football Teams Ranked In Athlon Top 25 Poll
- Three CAA Football Players Selected In 2018 NFL Draft
- Nine CAAFB Players Named To Hampshire Honor Society
- Reisert Named CAAFB Scholar-Athlete Of The Year
- Football National Signing Day
- Richmond's Lauletta Named Senior Bowl MVP
- This Week In CAA Football - Season Recap
- Four CAAFB Teams Ranked In Final Top 25 Polls