Jan 23, 2013, 8:30 AM EDT
After receiving the Jerry Rice National Freshman of the Year Award in December, Villanova QB John Robertson continues to garner national recognition in the offseason after being named College Sports Journal’s Freshman of the Year on Tuesday, sharing the honor with Appalachian State WR Sean Price. The future of the league remains very bright as Robertson joins seven other CAA Football rookies on the 2012 CSJ Freshman All-America Team.
Delaware led the league with two selections in OL Ben Curtis and LB Jeff Williams, while James Madison DT Alex Mosley, Maine DE Michael Kozlakowski, Richmond OL Sedale Young, Towson FB Emmanuel Holder and William and Mary LB Luke Rhodes were also named to the list.
CAA Football was third among all conferences with eight selections on this year’s list, which represents the only all-freshman team in the FCS. The 63 honorees are representative of the 63 scholarships permitted to each FCS program.
A full list of this year’s all-freshman honorees can be found here.
- CAA Football Kicks Off 2018 Season With Media Day On July 24
- 13 Players, 6 Teams Receive HERO Sports Preseason Recognition
- Nation's-Best Six CAA Football Teams Ranked In Athlon Top 25 Poll
- Three CAA Football Players Selected In 2018 NFL Draft
- Nine CAAFB Players Named To Hampshire Honor Society
- Reisert Named CAAFB Scholar-Athlete Of The Year
- Football National Signing Day
- Richmond's Lauletta Named Senior Bowl MVP
- This Week In CAA Football - Season Recap
- Four CAAFB Teams Ranked In Final Top 25 Polls