Jan 23, 2013, 8:30 AM EST
After receiving the Jerry Rice National Freshman of the Year Award in December, Villanova QB John Robertson continues to garner national recognition in the offseason after being named College Sports Journal’s Freshman of the Year on Tuesday, sharing the honor with Appalachian State WR Sean Price. The future of the league remains very bright as Robertson joins seven other CAA Football rookies on the 2012 CSJ Freshman All-America Team.
Delaware led the league with two selections in OL Ben Curtis and LB Jeff Williams, while James Madison DT Alex Mosley, Maine DE Michael Kozlakowski, Richmond OL Sedale Young, Towson FB Emmanuel Holder and William and Mary LB Luke Rhodes were also named to the list.
CAA Football was third among all conferences with eight selections on this year’s list, which represents the only all-freshman team in the FCS. The 63 honorees are representative of the 63 scholarships permitted to each FCS program.
A full list of this year’s all-freshman honorees can be found here.
- This Week In CAA Football - Season Recap
- Four CAAFB Teams Ranked In Final Top 25 Polls
- JMU Falls 17-13 To NDSU In FCS Title Game
- Friday in Frisco
- JMU FCSChampionship - Thursday Update
- Ankrah Chosen FCS ADA Defensive Player Of The Year
- This Week In CAA Football - National Championship
- National Early Signing Day
- Five CAAFB Players On AFCA All-America Squad
- This Week In CAA Football - Going Back To Frisco