Jan 23, 2013, 8:30 AM EDT
After receiving the Jerry Rice National Freshman of the Year Award in December, Villanova QB John Robertson continues to garner national recognition in the offseason after being named College Sports Journal’s Freshman of the Year on Tuesday, sharing the honor with Appalachian State WR Sean Price. The future of the league remains very bright as Robertson joins seven other CAA Football rookies on the 2012 CSJ Freshman All-America Team.
Delaware led the league with two selections in OL Ben Curtis and LB Jeff Williams, while James Madison DT Alex Mosley, Maine DE Michael Kozlakowski, Richmond OL Sedale Young, Towson FB Emmanuel Holder and William and Mary LB Luke Rhodes were also named to the list.
CAA Football was third among all conferences with eight selections on this year’s list, which represents the only all-freshman team in the FCS. The 63 honorees are representative of the 63 scholarships permitted to each FCS program.
A full list of this year’s all-freshman honorees can be found here.
- This Week In CAA Football - Week 4 Preview
- Towson's O'Neill Receives National Honor
- Four CAAFB Teams Ranked In Top 25 Polls
- CAA Football Media Teleconference - Sept. 18
- CAA Football Weekly Awards - Sept. 18
- CAA Football Rewind - Sept. 16
- #CAAFB Closeup - Elon's Warren Messer
- #CAAFB Going Deep: Walking School Bus
- This Week In CAA Football - Week 3 Preview
- Four CAAFB Teams In Top 10 Of FCS National Poll