Jan 25, 2013, 11:22 AM EDT
Welcome to our Friday Morning Tailgate, where we serve up the week’s best clips, photos, videos and tweets coming out of news outlets and our members schools as well as from our many great fans. It may be the offseason, but there’s always news to be had around CAA Football.
NEWS & DIGITAL CLIPS
- Mike Jones of The Washington Post looks at how small-school corners like B.W. Webb will attempt to display their big-time games at Saturday’s Senior Bowl.
- Ashley Jones of ESPN.com presents the Joe Flacco that Delaware has always recognized.
- Julian Benbow of The Boston Globe looks at New Hampshire alum Corey Graham’s impact with the Baltimore Ravens.
- Ryan O’Leary of the Portsmouth Herald discusses how Graham has helped the Ravens reach Super Bowl XLVII.
- Al Pike of the Foster’s Daily Democrat looks at former New Hampshire assistant and new Philadelphia Eagles head coach Chip Kelly’s style, which goes back to his high school coaching days.
- Jimmy Smith of Hens All Access caught up with Super Bowl bound UD alums Joe Flacco and Gino Gradkowski this week.
- New Delaware head coach Dave Brock was the featured guest on the first-ever webisode of the school’s “Blue Hens Lunch Break” series.
- Chris Branch of the Wilmington News-Journal notes Blue Hens players’ thoughts on their new head coach’s pedigree and their renewed readiness to get into the grind.
- The News Journal has posted a photo gallery of Brock’s introductory press conference on Friday.
- Craig Haley of The Sports Network talks FCS teams looking for quick turnarounds in 2013, highlighting new Delaware head coach Dave Brock’s arrival in Newark.
- Daniel McInerney of The Delaware Review discusses the new era of UD Football under Dave Brock.
- Brian Ewart of SB Nation’s VU Hoops asks (and answers) whether Villanova should expand its fall schedule to 12 games given FCS schedule expansion in 2013.
- Dave Coulson of College Sports Journal has released the organization’s All-America Team, which features 23 CAA Football players.
- CSJ’s Coulson has also released the organization’s Freshman All-America Team, headlined by Villanova QB John Robertson.
- Christine Sampson of the Three Village Patch offers a few quick notes on Stony Brook head coach Chuck Priore’s recent contract extension.
- Matthew Stoss of the Daily News-Record covers James Madison’s ongoing offensive coordinator search.
THE WEEK IN TWEETS
- Ryder, Shorey Named Student-Athletes Of The Year
- CAA Football Announces Academic All-Conference Team
- National Signing Day Central
- This Week In CAA Football - Season Finale
- Houston Named AFCA FCS National Coach Of The Year
- #1 JMU Leads Four CAAFB Teams In Final Polls
- JMU Captures FCS National Championship
- This Week In CAA Football - Countdown To Kickoff
- This Week In CAA Football - Frisco Media Day
- This Week In CAA Football - National Championship