Feb 1, 2013, 11:00 AM EDT
Welcome to our first Friday Morning Tailgate of February, where we serve up the week’s best clips, photos, videos and tweets coming out of news outlets and our member schools as well as from our many great fans. It may be the offseason, but there’s always news to be had around CAA Football. Have a great weekend, and enjoy cheering on our CAA Football alums playing in Sunday’s Super Bowl!
NEWS & DIGITAL CLIPS
- NFL.com gives William and Mary All-American B.W. Webb a nice Senior Bowl shout-out and calls him one of the week’s “surprising stars.”
- Rob Rang of CBS Sports listed Webb as one of five players who raised their draft stock during Senior Bowl practices this past week.
- Pat Kirwan of CBS Sports likened Webb to Atlanta Falcons star Asante Samuel in calling him one of four small-college players to keep your eye on from Saturday’s Senior Bowl.
- The Sports Network notes the 13 FCS players who will take part in Saturday’s Texas vs The Nation all-star game.
- Kevin Tresolini of the Wilmington News Journal discusses how Blue Hens senior Paul Worrilow’s pro prospects were bolstered with his recent invitation to Saturday’s Texas vs The Nation game.
- The Sports Network featured New Hampshire head coach Sean McDonnell in its recent article about finding hidden gems in the recruiting process.
- Chuck Burton of College Sports Journal highlights Delaware alum Joe Flacco and New Hampshire alum Corey Graham in his recent article about FCS players who we will see in action in Sunday’s Super Bowl.
- Ashley Fox of ESPN.com features the Flacco that those around the Blue Hens community have always recognized.
- Ryan Mink of BaltimoreRavens.com examines Joe Flacco’s transformation of the Ravens.
- Kevin Kernan of the New York Post looks back at Flacco’s high school days and the influence his family has had on him.
- The Sports Network describes how Flacco is content to be an ordinary Joe.
- Jon Buzby of the Newark Post explains how Blue Hens alum Gino Gradkowski is savoring his Super Bowl trip with the Ravens.
- James Madison alum Charles Haley has been announced as one of 15 finalists for the Pro Football Hall of Fame.
- Hens All-Access goes inside the home of UD superfan Stephen Rash’s to check out his “Fan Cave.”
- The Wilmington News Journal interviewed K.C. Keeler about what may be next for the former Delaware head coach.
THE WEEK IN TWEETS
- CAA Football Kicks Off 2018 Season With Media Day On July 24
- 13 Players, 6 Teams Receive HERO Sports Preseason Recognition
- Nation's-Best Six CAA Football Teams Ranked In Athlon Top 25 Poll
- Three CAA Football Players Selected In 2018 NFL Draft
- Nine CAAFB Players Named To Hampshire Honor Society
- Reisert Named CAAFB Scholar-Athlete Of The Year
- Football National Signing Day
- Richmond's Lauletta Named Senior Bowl MVP
- This Week In CAA Football - Season Recap
- Four CAAFB Teams Ranked In Final Top 25 Polls