Feb 15, 2013, 11:38 AM EDT
Welcome to our Friday Morning Tailgate, where we serve up the week’s best clips, photos, videos and tweets coming out of news outlets and our member schools as well as from our many great fans. We also include some of our clips coming out of the conference office this week.
It may be the offseason, but there’s always news to be had around CAA Football.
NEWS & DIGITAL CLIPS
- Paul Tierney of The Delaware Review looks at Blue Hens head coach Dave Brock’s busy schedule bringing in a new signing class and coaching staff.
- John Harvey of The Virginia Gazette assesses William and Mary’s signing class and the needs this year’s group addressed.
- Brian McIntyre of Yahoo! Sports calls former Tribe cornerback Derek Cox a franchise tag candidate for the Jacksonville Jaguars.
- Brian Ewart of SB Nation addresses the Big Ten’s debate about no longer scheduling FCS schools and what that may mean for Villanova.
- Dennis Deitch of the Delaware County Daily Times looks at former Villanova All-American Matt Szczur’s steady focus on baseball with the Chicago Cubs.
- Tom Layberger of the Main Line Media News examines Villanova’s focus on specific positions with this year’s signing class.
- Charlie Merritt of The Maine Campus talks to Maine head coach Jack Cosgrove about his recent contract extension.
- The Bangor Daily News highlights Maine’s recently announced 2013 schedule.
- The Foster’s Daily Democrat notes New Hampshire senior Jared Smith’s invitation to the NFL Combine.
CAA FOOTBALL CLIPS
- Ongoing analysis of each of the league’s 2013 signing classes.
- Former Richmond quarterback John Laub blogs about training full-time for a shot at the pros.
- Stony Brook assistant coach Carlton Goff discusses black history and how it has shaped his life, his career, the sport and society at large.
THE WEEK IN TWEETS
- Reisert Named CAAFB Scholar-Athlete Of The Year
- Football National Signing Day
- Richmond's Lauletta Named Senior Bowl MVP
- This Week In CAA Football - Season Recap
- Four CAAFB Teams Ranked In Final Top 25 Polls
- JMU Falls 17-13 To NDSU In FCS Title Game
- Friday in Frisco
- JMU FCSChampionship - Thursday Update
- Ankrah Chosen FCS ADA Defensive Player Of The Year
- This Week In CAA Football - National Championship