Mar 1, 2013, 1:03 PM EDT
Welcome to our first Friday Morning Tailgate here in the month of March. As always, we’ve served up the week’s best clips, photos and videos from in and around CAA Football. With three league players participating in the recent NFL Combine, we make sure to bring you news on their appearances as well.
NEWS & SCHOOL CLIPS
- Chris McPherson of PhiladelphiaEagles.com looks at area product and James Madison OL Earl Watford’s showing at the recent NFL Combine.
- The Los Angeles Times highlighted William and Mary All-American B.W. Webb among a group of 10 small-school prospects to watch at the NFL Combine.
- Andy Hilton of recruit757.com recaps William and Mary All-American B.W. Webb’s NFL Combine performance.
- Ben Destefan of the Waynesboro Record Herald recaps local product and New Hampshire DT Jared Smith’s trip to the NFL Combine.
- SB Nation covered Smith’s invite to the NFL Combine, which he called a “dream come true.”
- John O’Connor of the Richmond Times-Dispatch covers the death of William and Mary football analyst Bob Sheeran.
- William and Mary issued an official release on the passing of Sheeran.
- Villanova released its 2013 schedule on Monday.
- Brian Ewart of SB Nation looks at Villanova’s season-opener against former rival Boston College.
- Terry Toohey of the Delaware County Daily Times offers an early profile of Nova’s season-opener against BC.
- JMU has hired former Virginia assistant/recruiting coordinator Jeff Hanson as its defensive line coach.
- New Hampshire has hired former standout Ricky Santos as its new wide receivers coach.
- Stony Brook head coach Chuck Priore announced changes to the Seawolves coaching staff this week.
- Maine and Richmond have announced their 2013 spring football schedules.
- Craig Haley of The Sports Network offers one of the year’s first previews of CAA Football in his Spring Football Notebook.
- The Wilmington News Journal provides us with a quick video of several Delaware players putting on a show during a recent Blue Hens basketball game
- Towson insider Mat Schlissel takes a look at the Tigers’ 2013 signing class.
CAA FOOTBALL CLIPS
- Former Richmond quarterback John Laub blogs about training full-time for a shot at the pros.
- Journalists and bloggers from across CAA Football joined us to offer their analysis of all 11 league teams’ 2013 signing classes.
- JMU assistant coach Ulrick Edmonds discusses black history and how it has shaped his life, his career, the sport and society at large.
- This Week In CAA Football - Week 4 Preview
- Towson's O'Neill Receives National Honor
- Four CAAFB Teams Ranked In Top 25 Polls
- CAA Football Media Teleconference - Sept. 18
- CAA Football Weekly Awards - Sept. 18
- CAA Football Rewind - Sept. 16
- #CAAFB Closeup - Elon's Warren Messer
- #CAAFB Going Deep: Walking School Bus
- This Week In CAA Football - Week 3 Preview
- Four CAAFB Teams In Top 10 Of FCS National Poll