Mar 8, 2013, 11:03 AM EDT
Welcome to our Friday Morning Tailgate, where we serve up the week’s best written, photo and video clips from in and around CAA Football. It may be the offseason, but there’s always news to be had across the league.
NEWS & SCHOOL CLIPS
- Dan Cuellar of Philadelphia’s WPVI-TV profiles an emotional reunion that all started with Villanova head coach Andy Talley’s bone marrow foundation.
- 2011 Buck Buchanan Award Winner and three-year All-American Matt Evans had his jersey retired at New Hampshire’s annual team banquet this past weekend.
- Nick Stoico of The New Hampshire profiles Wildcats QB great turned new wide receivers coach Ricky Santos.
- Stony Brook offers an inside look into its offseason strength and conditioning regimen with its new “Inside the Huddle” series.
- Brian Johnson of The Stony Brook Press provides insight into the SBU’s recent changes among its defensive coaching staff.
- Rhode Island head coach Joe Trainer has made several additions to his coaching staff.
- Paul Kuharsky of ESPN.com calls William and Mary alum Derek Cox one of the AFC South’s top free agents.
- Daniel McInerney of The Delaware Review looks at how Blue Hen alum Joe Flacco is “no longer just an average joe” after his recent contract that makes him the NFL’s highest quarterback.
- John O’Connor of the Richmond Times-Dispatch overviews the eligibility situation of Spider transfer QB Michael Rocco.
CAA FOOTBALL CLIPS
- This Week In CAA Football - Week 4 Preview
- Towson's O'Neill Receives National Honor
- Four CAAFB Teams Ranked In Top 25 Polls
- CAA Football Media Teleconference - Sept. 18
- CAA Football Weekly Awards - Sept. 18
- CAA Football Rewind - Sept. 16
- #CAAFB Closeup - Elon's Warren Messer
- #CAAFB Going Deep: Walking School Bus
- This Week In CAA Football - Week 3 Preview
- Four CAAFB Teams In Top 10 Of FCS National Poll