Mar 29, 2013, 9:59 AM EDT
Spring practice has arrived for many of our CAA Football squads, as has this week’s Friday Morning Tailgate. We’ve once again served up the week’s best written, photo and video clips from in and around the league and have also added some of the week’s top tweets. It may be the offseason, but there’s always news to be had across the league.
NEWS & SCHOOL CLIPS
- Towson head coach Rob Ambrose has promoted assistant Jared Ambrose to offensive coordinator.
- Villanova head coach Andy Talley’s foundation recently held its third annual Bone Marrow Bash.
- Brian Ewart of SB Nation reports on Villanova wide receiver Kenny Miles’ recent invite to the upcoming NFL Super-Regional Combine.
- The Wildcats named seniors Antoine Lewis and Dan Shirey as its 2013 team captains.
- Stony Brook opened its spring practice schedule on Wednesday.
- Seawolves head coach Chuck Priore discusses spring ball, the Seawolves’ move to CAA Football and more in the latest edition of “Inside the Huddle”.
- UAlbany has released a preview of its complete 2013 schedule.
- Rhode Island kicked off its spring ball slate on Monday.
- Rhody head coach Joe Trainer and QB Bob Bentsen give their take on the status of Rams spring ball.
- The Rams have also posted a photo album depicting spring practice so far.
- Towson kicked off its spring slate on Thursday. Newly promoted offensive coordinator Jared Ambrose recaps the first day.
- William and Mary is providing daily updates on its spring ball headquarters page.
- Dave Fairbank of Hampton Roads’ Daily Press offers an update on W&M CB B.W. Webb with April’s NFL Draft quickly approaching.
- The NFL has provided video footage of Webb’s Scouting Combine workout.
- Richmond is keeping fans updated on spring ball with video and photos on the team’s Spring Practice Central page.
- The Spiders will appeal the NCAA’s denial of transfer QB Michael Rocco’s waiver to play for the 2013 season.
- Matthew Stoss of the Harrisonburg Daily News-Record offers a preview of the Dukes’ new-look offense under new offensive coordinator Mike O’Cain.
- Wayne Epps, Jr. of The Breeze covers JMU spring football, noting the team’s focus on the offensive side of the ball.
- Craig Haley of The Sports Network highlights JMU OL Earl Watford as a top FCS NFL Draft prospect
- Ken Hamwey of the Milford Daily News looks at the roots and rise of former New Hampshire QB great turned newly-hired team assistant Ricky Santos.
CAA FOOTBALL CLIPS
- The league is celebrating Women’s History month with our new “Celebrating Women in CAA Football” series. This week we talk with Richmond’s Erin O’Riley.
- Former Richmond QB John Laub wraps up his guest blog in which he has chronicled his training for a shot at the pros. He got one step closer with a big call this week.
- CAA Football is featuring comprehensive coverage of league teams’ pro days.
THE WEEK IN TWEETS
- CAA Football Kicks Off 2018 Season With Media Day On July 24
- 13 Players, 6 Teams Receive HERO Sports Preseason Recognition
- Nation's-Best Six CAA Football Teams Ranked In Athlon Top 25 Poll
- Three CAA Football Players Selected In 2018 NFL Draft
- Nine CAAFB Players Named To Hampshire Honor Society
- Reisert Named CAAFB Scholar-Athlete Of The Year
- Football National Signing Day
- Richmond's Lauletta Named Senior Bowl MVP
- This Week In CAA Football - Season Recap
- Four CAAFB Teams Ranked In Final Top 25 Polls