Apr 19, 2013, 9:43 AM EDT
Welcome to this week’s Friday Morning Tailgate, where we invite you to dig into the week’s written, photo and video clips and the top tweets from in and around the league. It may be the offseason, but there’s always news to be had across CAA Football.
NEWS & SCHOOL CLIPS
- UAlbany head coach Bob Ford comments on the Great Danes’ first spring scrimmage on Saturday.
- Andy Walter of the Delaware State News notes that Blue Hens fans will get a first look at new head coach Dave Brock when the team scrimmages in Milford on Saturday.
- Tight ends coach Earl Chambers is the newest addition to the James Madison coaching staff.
- Paul Montana of DukesofJMU.com covers the Dukes’ introduction to yoga. Yes, yoga.
- Maine has provided video highlights of its first spring scrimmage along with comments from senior QB Marcus Wasilewski.
- Mike Zhe of the Portsmouth Herald talked with former New Hampshire star turned assistant Ricky Santos about his excitement to take on his new role.
- Rhode Island HC Joe Trainer and LB Andrew Bose talk about the team’s progress as the Rams reach the midway point of spring ball, with photos of Saturday’s practice available here.
- Rhody recently raised $1,000 for the Ronald McDonald House of Providence after completing a clever lift-a-thon fundraiser.
- Richmond head coach Danny Rocco held a presser ahead of this Saturday’s spring game, with gameday information available here.
- Spider safety Cooper Taylor joined ESPN 950 this week to discuss his preparations for the upcoming NFL Draft.
- Special teams and secondary coach Joe Tricario joined the Towson coaching staff this week. More on Tricario’s expectations for the special teams unit can be found here.
- Towson OC Jared Ambrose and DL coach Gus Kosmakos discuss the progress of their respective units this spring.
- Villanova had 535 people tested and added to the national registry as part of the program’s annual bone marrow registry earlier this month.
- William and Mary CB B.W. Webb joined Sports Radio 910 this week to talk about next week’s NFL Draft.
- The Tribe capped its spring schedule with its annual Green and Gold Game on Saturday.
- The Flat Hat’s Jack Powers recaps the Tribe’s Green and Gold Game.
CAA FOOTBALL CLIPS
- The Flat Hat’s Mike Barnes helps us kick off our Spring Ball Analysis series by breaking down William and Mary’s spring practices and last Saturday’s Green & Gold Game.
- James Madison rising senior and reigning CAA Football Defensive Player of the Year Stephon Robertson will guest blog over the offseason, with his first post available here.
- Richmond QB John Laub chats with us after his recent trip to Dallas for the NFL Super Regional Combine.
- The league has launched a Spring Game Central page as a one-stop source for information, links and analysis of our member programs’ spring games.
THE WEEK IN TWEETS
- Ryder, Shorey Named Student-Athletes Of The Year
- CAA Football Announces Academic All-Conference Team
- National Signing Day Central
- This Week In CAA Football - Season Finale
- Houston Named AFCA FCS National Coach Of The Year
- #1 JMU Leads Four CAAFB Teams In Final Polls
- JMU Captures FCS National Championship
- This Week In CAA Football - Countdown To Kickoff
- This Week In CAA Football - Frisco Media Day
- This Week In CAA Football - National Championship