Apr 26, 2013, 9:42 AM EDT
Welcome to the month’s final Friday Morning Tailgate, where we invite you to dig into the week’s written, photo and video clips and the top tweets from in and around the league. On tap this week are hefty servings of spring ball and NFL Draft coverage.
NEWS & SCHOOL CLIPS
- NFL.com projects four CAA Football players will hear their names called during this week’s NFL Draft.
- UAlbany head coach Bob Ford and several Great Danes players give updates after the squad’s second spring scrimmage.
- Kevin Tresolini of the Wilmington News Journal explains how Delaware’s new pieces are helping bring the Blue Hens into form.
- The Delaware State News created a photo gallery from the Hens’ recent spring scrimmage.
- UD head coach Dave Brock has added a familiar face to his staff in safeties coach Tom McEntire, who he worked with this past year at Rutgers.
- McEntire touched on his transition and the safety corps’ progress in a recent installment of “15 Days of Spring with Delaware Football”.
- James Madison wrapped up its spring schedule with its annual spring game on Saturday, with the offense edging the defense, 37-35.
- Wayne Epps of The Breeze writes that the Dukes are flying with their new offense.
- Maine head coach Jack Cosgrove offers his take following the team’s first spring scrimmage on Saturday.
- The Black Bears will follow the lead of several other league schools when they host their sixth annual Jeff Cole Bone Marrow Drive on May 1.
- Richmond’s defense doubled up the offense, 48-24, in the Spiders’ spring game on Saturday.
- John O’Connor of the Richmond Times-Dispatch recaps the Spiders’ defense-dominated spring game and makes note of some key stats.
- According to O’Connor, UR safety Cooper Taylor has the size and toughness to make some noise in the NFL Draft.
- SpiderTV caught up with head coach Danny Rocco and several players after UR’s spring game, with highlights available here.
- Rocco sat down with SpiderTV again this week to recap his squad’s spring.
- Towson’s third annual spring game, Tiger Bowl III, will get underway on Saturday at Johnny Unitas Stadium.
- Tiger Sports Network checked in with defensive coordinator Matt Hachmann and running backs coach Reno Ferri this week.
- Mike Kern of the Philadelphia Daily News notes how Villanova has continued to cultivate winners this spring.
- Brian Ewart of SB Nation’s VU Hoops looks at which Wildcats we may see on Sundays this fall.
- Villanova DL Antoine Lewis and QB John Robertson look back on the Wildcats’ spring schedule.
- Former William and Mary All-America TE Alex Gottlieb has signed with the Arizona Cardinals.
CAA FOOTBALL CLIPS
- The league has launched a Spring Game Central page as a one-stop source for information, links and analysis of our member programs’ spring games.
- We continue our Spring Ball Analysis series with three team breakdowns this week…
- Matthew Stoss of the Harrisonburg Daily News-Record break downs JMU’s spring.
- John O’Connor of the Richmond Times-Dispatch provides analysis of the Spiders’ spring.
- Brian Ewart of SB Nation’s VU Hoops offers some detailed insight into Villanova’s spring.
THE WEEK IN TWEETS
- CAA Football Kicks Off 2018 Season With Media Day On July 24
- 13 Players, 6 Teams Receive HERO Sports Preseason Recognition
- Nation's-Best Six CAA Football Teams Ranked In Athlon Top 25 Poll
- Three CAA Football Players Selected In 2018 NFL Draft
- Nine CAAFB Players Named To Hampshire Honor Society
- Reisert Named CAAFB Scholar-Athlete Of The Year
- Football National Signing Day
- Richmond's Lauletta Named Senior Bowl MVP
- This Week In CAA Football - Season Recap
- Four CAAFB Teams Ranked In Final Top 25 Polls