May 10, 2013, 10:40 AM EST
Welcome to our latest Friday Morning Tailgate, where we invite you to dig into the week’s written, photo and video clips and top tweets from in and around the league. It may be the offseason, but there’s always news to be had around CAA Football.
NEWS & SCHOOL CLIPS
- Four league quarterbacks in UAlbany’s Will Fiacchi, Villanova’s John Robertson, New Hampshire’s Andy Vailas and Maine’s Marcus Wasilewski were named to the College Football Performance Awards (CFPA) QB Award Watch List this week.
- Craig Haley of The Sports Network previews the fall’s FCS vs. FBS matchups.
- UAlbany and Stony Brook have taken to Twitter to allow fans to name their annual rivalry game.
- Jennifer Gish of the Albany Times-Union writes that football won’t be the only thing the Great Danes bring to CAA Football this fall.
- Delaware held its annual Blue-White spring game on Saturday, with WR Rob Jones and RB Julian Laing stealing the show.
- Chris Branch of the Wilmington News Journal recaps the Blue Hens’ spring games, noting that the team’s tailbacks shined on Saturday.
- The News Journal has provided post-game interviews with head coach Dave Brock and Laing here.
- UD’s Blue Hens Lunch Break show brought in Brock as its featured guest this week.
- Aaron Wilson of the Baltimore Sun writes that Blue Hens alum Gino Gradkowski remains the frontrunner for the Ravens’ starting center spot.
- The Sun’s Wilson also notes that Ravens head coach John Harbaugh was impressed by Towson alums Grant Enders and Gerrard Shepherd at the team’s recent minicamp.
- Maine announced its annual award winners on Friday and played its ninth annual Jeff Cole Scrimmage on Saturday.
- Pete Warner of the Bangor Daily News breaks down The Black Bears’ spring game, calling PK Sean Decloux one of the team’s bright spots.
- Video highlights of the Black Bears’ spring game are now available.
- Glenn Jordan of the Portland Press Herald writes about the welcome sight of Black Bears FB Carlton James at Saturday’s spring game.
- Allen Lessels of the New Hampshire Union Leader gives New Hampshire’s defense an “A” coming out of Saturday’s Blue-White Game.
- Al Pike of the Foster’s Daily Democrat recaps the Wildcats’ spring game, paying particular attention to the program’s play on defense.
- Video highlights of the Wildcats’ spring game are now up on YouTube.
- UNH head coach Sean McDonnell received the Andy Mooradian Award for outstanding contributions to amateur football on Tuesday.
- The Union Leader’s Vin Sylvia notes UNH’s influence at this week’s Joe Yukica Scholar-Athlete Awards Dinner and beyond across the state.
- Wildcats graduated senior LB Matt Evans was selected as one of UNH’s two Student-Athletes of the Year on Tuesday.
- Former Rhode Island LB Matt Hansen has been invited to this week’s New York Jets’ minicamp.
- The Dallas Cowboys signed former Richmond QB Aaron Corp on Tuesday.
- John O’Connor of the Richmond Times-Dispatch says that former Spider star RB Kendall Gaskins signed with the right NFL team in the Buffalo Bills.
- Anne Sharpe of W&M Parents shares a heartfelt story about the generosity of former Tribe CB and current Dallas Cowboy B.W. Webb.
CAA FOOTBALL CLIPS
- Seven CAA Football seniors were selected to the National Football Foundation’s Hampshire Honor Society this past week.
- The league has launched a Spring Game Central page as a one-stop source for information, links and analysis of our member programs’ spring games.
- We continue our Spring Ball Analysis series with two team breakdowns this week…
THE WEEK IN TWEETS
- CAA Football Media Teleconference - Dec. 11
- New Hampshire Falls At South Dakota State
- Ratke Kicks JMU Past Weber State, 31-28
- This Week In CAA Football - Playoff Quarterfinals
- JMU's Ankrah Among Final Three For Buchanan Award
- CAA Football Media Teleconference - Dec. 4
- Defense Leads JMU, UNH Into FCS Quarterfinals
- This Week In CAA Football - Playoff Preview #2
- CAA Football Media Teleconference - Nov. 27
- Stony Brook, UNH Advance In FCS Playoffs