May 29, 2013, 10:53 AM EDT
It’s been nearly a week since last Thursday’s announcement that Elon will join the CAA and CAA Football in 2014-15. With the dust now settling following the news, I thought I’d share some of the extensive news coverage that I’ve combed through via various news outlets and on social media over the past week.
- Hank Kurz of the Associated Press covers the announcement and fit of the Phoenix with their new conference.
- Ben Standig of CSN Washington writes about the league’s latest addition.
- Madison Taylor of The Burlington Times-News notes that Elon’s move is a sensible one in today’s athletics landscape.
- The Times-News also offers some noteworthy quotes coming out of last Thursday’s announcement.
- Matt Krause of the Pendulum presents the implications of Elon’s move.
- Elon Local News provides a more complete picture of the Phoenix’s transition to the CAA.
- Brian Ewart of SB Nation’s VU Hoops offers more insight into the addition of the Phoenix to CAA Football.
- John O’Connor of the Richmond Times-Dispatch talks about a potential new look for future CAA Football schedules.
I’ll leave you with one of my favorite tweets from this past week. Talk about an incredible hashtag…
- CAA Football Kicks Off 2018 Season With Media Day On July 24
- 13 Players, 6 Teams Receive HERO Sports Preseason Recognition
- Nation's-Best Six CAA Football Teams Ranked In Athlon Top 25 Poll
- Three CAA Football Players Selected In 2018 NFL Draft
- Nine CAAFB Players Named To Hampshire Honor Society
- Reisert Named CAAFB Scholar-Athlete Of The Year
- Football National Signing Day
- Richmond's Lauletta Named Senior Bowl MVP
- This Week In CAA Football - Season Recap
- Four CAAFB Teams Ranked In Final Top 25 Polls