May 29, 2013, 10:53 AM EDT
It’s been nearly a week since last Thursday’s announcement that Elon will join the CAA and CAA Football in 2014-15. With the dust now settling following the news, I thought I’d share some of the extensive news coverage that I’ve combed through via various news outlets and on social media over the past week.
- Hank Kurz of the Associated Press covers the announcement and fit of the Phoenix with their new conference.
- Ben Standig of CSN Washington writes about the league’s latest addition.
- Madison Taylor of The Burlington Times-News notes that Elon’s move is a sensible one in today’s athletics landscape.
- The Times-News also offers some noteworthy quotes coming out of last Thursday’s announcement.
- Matt Krause of the Pendulum presents the implications of Elon’s move.
- Elon Local News provides a more complete picture of the Phoenix’s transition to the CAA.
- Brian Ewart of SB Nation’s VU Hoops offers more insight into the addition of the Phoenix to CAA Football.
- John O’Connor of the Richmond Times-Dispatch talks about a potential new look for future CAA Football schedules.
I’ll leave you with one of my favorite tweets from this past week. Talk about an incredible hashtag…
- #CAAFB Closeup - Stony Brook's Tyrice Beverette
- #CAAFB Going Deep: The Making of a Comeback
- #CAAFB Closeup - Towson's Will Hayes
- This Week In CAA Football - Week 4 Preview
- Towson's O'Neill Receives National Honor
- Four CAAFB Teams Ranked In Top 25 Polls
- CAA Football Media Teleconference - Sept. 18
- CAA Football Weekly Awards - Sept. 18
- CAA Football Rewind - Sept. 16
- #CAAFB Closeup - Elon's Warren Messer