Jul 2, 2013, 9:00 AM EDT
Ah yes, another week, another preseason watch list as Villanova’s Mark Hamilton and Maine’s Jeffrey Ondish were named to the 2013 CFPA Punter Award Watch List on Monday. The pair brings the total to 33 CAA Football standouts who have been chosen to CFPA positional award watch lists so far this preseason.
Hamilton handled both field goal and punting duties for the Wildcats last fall. The Gaithersburg, Md., product averaged 41.5 yards on 53 punts in 2012, placing 19 inside the 20-yard line and forcing 26 fair catches. Hamilton, eight of whose punts sailed more than 50 yards, was selected as the CAA Football Special Teams Player of the Week after booting seven punts that included two inside the 20-yard line, a long of 63 yards and another pair that surpassed the 50-yard mark in Nova’s 35-14 victory over Maine on Sept. 29.
A fellow Marylander, Ondish appeared in all 11 games for the Black Bears this past season. The rising junior punted 49 times with an average of 41.0 yards per punt, sending eight longer than 50 yards and pinning 13 inside the 20-yard line. Ondish also kicked off 26 times during his sophomore campaign, resulting in an average of 53.9 yards per kick and a pair of touchbacks.
The CFPA Watch List serves as a rough guide to returning performers for the 2013 season. All CFPA recipients are selected exclusively based upon objective scientific rankings of the extent to which individual players increase the overall effectiveness of their teams. All players are eligible for awards at their respective positions; players are not preemptively eliminated from consideration.
The full list of 2013 recipients, including those CFPA FCS Awards honorees, will be announced on January 8, 2014. For more information, visit the CFPA website at collegefootballperformance.com.
- CAA Football Kicks Off 2018 Season With Media Day On July 24
- 13 Players, 6 Teams Receive HERO Sports Preseason Recognition
- Nation's-Best Six CAA Football Teams Ranked In Athlon Top 25 Poll
- Three CAA Football Players Selected In 2018 NFL Draft
- Nine CAAFB Players Named To Hampshire Honor Society
- Reisert Named CAAFB Scholar-Athlete Of The Year
- Football National Signing Day
- Richmond's Lauletta Named Senior Bowl MVP
- This Week In CAA Football - Season Recap
- Four CAAFB Teams Ranked In Final Top 25 Polls