Jul 9, 2013, 10:55 AM EDT
CAA Football had another four additions to CFPA positional award watch lists this week, as UAlbany’s Kevin Chillis, Richmond’s Justin Grant, Delaware’s Michael Johnson and Towson’s Derrick Joseph were selected to the organization’s Kickoff Returner Award Watch List on Monday.
The group represents four of 34 total players nationally to be named to the watch list, giving CAA Football the second-most selections of any conference in the country. The four now join 33 other league standouts who have been selected to CFPA positional award watch lists so far this preseason.
The CFPA Watch List serves as a rough guide to returning performers for the 2013 season. All CFPA recipients are selected exclusively based upon objective scientific rankings of the extent to which individual players increase the overall effectiveness of their teams. All players are eligible for awards at their respective positions; players are not preemptively eliminated from consideration.
The full list of 2013 recipients, including those CFPA FCS Awards honorees, will be announced on January 8, 2014. For more information, visit the CFPA website at collegefootballperformance.com.
- 13 Players, 6 Teams Receive HERO Sports Preseason Recognition
- Nation's-Best Six CAA Football Teams Ranked In Athlon Top 25 Poll
- Three CAA Football Players Selected In 2018 NFL Draft
- Nine CAAFB Players Named To Hampshire Honor Society
- Reisert Named CAAFB Scholar-Athlete Of The Year
- Football National Signing Day
- Richmond's Lauletta Named Senior Bowl MVP
- This Week In CAA Football - Season Recap
- Four CAAFB Teams Ranked In Final Top 25 Polls
- JMU Falls 17-13 To NDSU In FCS Title Game