Jul 9, 2013, 10:55 AM EST
CAA Football had another four additions to CFPA positional award watch lists this week, as UAlbany’s Kevin Chillis, Richmond’s Justin Grant, Delaware’s Michael Johnson and Towson’s Derrick Joseph were selected to the organization’s Kickoff Returner Award Watch List on Monday.
The group represents four of 34 total players nationally to be named to the watch list, giving CAA Football the second-most selections of any conference in the country. The four now join 33 other league standouts who have been selected to CFPA positional award watch lists so far this preseason.
The CFPA Watch List serves as a rough guide to returning performers for the 2013 season. All CFPA recipients are selected exclusively based upon objective scientific rankings of the extent to which individual players increase the overall effectiveness of their teams. All players are eligible for awards at their respective positions; players are not preemptively eliminated from consideration.
The full list of 2013 recipients, including those CFPA FCS Awards honorees, will be announced on January 8, 2014. For more information, visit the CFPA website at collegefootballperformance.com.
- Four CAAFB Teams Receive FCS Playoff Berths
- CAA Football Rewind - Nov. 18
- CAAFB Has Seven On Academic All-District Team
- This Week In CAA Football - Week 12 Preview
- Four CAAFB Teams Among Top 16 In FCS Polls
- CAA Football Media Teleconference - Nov. 13
- CAA Football Weekly Awards - Nov. 13
- CAA Football Rewind - Nov. 11
- This Week In CAA Football - Week 11 Preview
- Four CAAFB Teams Ranked In Top 25 Polls