Aug 22, 2013, 2:30 PM EDT
Seven CAA Football standouts were named to this week’s 2014 Senior Bowl Watch List. Among the watch list’s 400 members hoping to get the call to play in January’s Senior Bowl are Stony Brook RB Marcus Coker, Richmond WR Ben Edwards, Delaware DT Zach Kerr, Towson WR Jordan Love, James Madison OT Josh Wells and Maine DB Kendall James and TE Justin Perillo.
The initial list includes 65 players who hail from Football Championship Subdivision (FCS), Division II or Division III programs. Given this figure, CAA Football’s seven selections represent more than 10 percent of the watch list.
This past year’s Senior Bowl was one of the event’s most successful in terms of draft selection, a sentiment noted by Senior Bowl Executive Director Phil Savage. “Last year, the inaugural Senior Bowl Watch List included 312 prospects with 94 total players ultimately being drafted from our game,” said Savage. “With 60,000-plus athletes playing college football, and only 250 or so NFL draft choices each year, we believe there is some legitimate prestige with being placed on our ‘official’ Watch List.”
William and Mary’s B.W. Webb took part in the 2013 Senior Bowl and went on to be chosen by the Dallas Cowboys in the fourth round of April’s NFL Draft.
“We love the idea of the smaller school prospects having an opportunity to prove themselves here in Mobile, so it is important that we cast a wide net at this point in our player evaluations,” added Savage.
Check out the entire watch list on seniorbowl.com.
The 65th Senior Bowl game will be played on January 25, 2014, at Mobile’s Ladd-Peebles Stadium and will air live on NFL Network.
2014 Senior Bowl Watch List
Marcus Coker, RB, Stony Brook
Ben Edwards, WR, Richmond
Kendall James, DB, Maine
Zach Kerr, DT, Delaware
Jordan Love, WR, Towson
Justin Perillo, TE, Maine
Josh Wells, OT, James Madison
- 13 Players, 6 Teams Receive HERO Sports Preseason Recognition
- Nation's-Best Six CAA Football Teams Ranked In Athlon Top 25 Poll
- Three CAA Football Players Selected In 2018 NFL Draft
- Nine CAAFB Players Named To Hampshire Honor Society
- Reisert Named CAAFB Scholar-Athlete Of The Year
- Football National Signing Day
- Richmond's Lauletta Named Senior Bowl MVP
- This Week In CAA Football - Season Recap
- Four CAAFB Teams Ranked In Final Top 25 Polls
- JMU Falls 17-13 To NDSU In FCS Title Game