Sep 27, 2013, 9:00 AM EST
Welcome to our latest Friday Morning Tailgate, where we invite you to dig into the week’s written, photo and video clips from in and around the league ahead of Saturday’s matchups.
NEWS & SCHOOL CLIPS
- Kevin Tresolini of the Wilmington News Journal writes about the renewal of an old rivalry between Delaware and James Madison.
- Matt Biddle of The Delaware Review looks at how UD DL Zach Kerr is making the most of his second chance at football.
- Tim Pearrell of the Richmond Times-Dispatch talks with JMU senior RB Dae’Quan Scott about the heavy workload he’s seen early this season.
- Daren Stoltzfus of WHSV previews JMU’s first matchup against UD since the 2010 season.
- Pete Warner of the Bangor Daily examines Maine TE Justin Perillo’s progression from a small-school product to a big-time tight end.
- Al Pike of the Foster’s Daily Democrat notes that New Hampshire must maintain its fast start.
- Pike also covers how UNH WR Justin Mello is catching on nicely with the Wildcats.
- The Richmond Times-Dispatch’s John O’Connor breaks down the big return of Spider WR Ben Edwards this past week.
- Greg Logan of Newsday previews the short-handed Seawolves’ matchup a surging Towson squad.
- Edward Lee of the Baltimore Sun says that despite Stony Brook’s two losses, Towson should expect a tough out against the Seawolves on Saturday.
- Mike Jensen of the Philadelphia Inquirer covers Saturday’s cross-town showdown between long-time friends in Villanova’s Andy Talley and Penn’s Al Bagnoli.
- Terry Toohey of the Delaware County Daily Times examines how Talley and Bagnoli have maintained their close friendship despite their teams’ cross-town rivalry.
- Brian Ewart of SB Nation’s VU Hoops offers a preview of Villanova’s game against a Penn squad looking to pull off the upset it couldn’t in 2010.
- Dave Fairbank of the Daily Press looks at the transition of William & Mary RB Mikal Abdul-Saboor into an every-down back.
CAA FOOTBALL CLIPS
- The league’s weekly This Week in CAA Football studio show looks at the week that was and previews all of this weekend’s action.
- CAA Football’s Bobby Broyles joined Greg Burton of Richmond’s ESPN 950 to talk about Saturday’s three conference contests.
- The league visited Villanova this past week and came away with plenty of On Campus coverage, including a campus tour, highlights, interviews and more.
- This week’s CAA Football Going Deep webisode features Villanova DL Pat Williams, who is paying it forward to causes he knows all too well.
- CAA Football honored four players of the week on Monday following their standout Week 4 performances.
- This Week In CAA Football - Season Recap
- Four CAAFB Teams Ranked In Final Top 25 Polls
- JMU Falls 17-13 To NDSU In FCS Title Game
- Friday in Frisco
- JMU FCSChampionship - Thursday Update
- Ankrah Chosen FCS ADA Defensive Player Of The Year
- This Week In CAA Football - National Championship
- National Early Signing Day
- Five CAAFB Players On AFCA All-America Squad
- This Week In CAA Football - Going Back To Frisco